16" BBS RS Slant lip or Step Lip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

16" BBS RS Slant lip or Step Lip

I am having a custom set built. I am pretty sure I am going step, but lately been seeing some slant like on Jordan's car and I really like those too.

Thoughts?
    Stepped

Slant

Step Lip
    46.27%
    Slant Lip
    53.73%
    Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Slant lip > all
    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
      Slant lip > all
      Your sig has nothing to do with your response :)

Comment

I prefer the step lips. Perhaps its just me, but the slant lip has a sort of optical illusion effect where it makes the same size face seem unnaturally small.

I'm sure whatever you choose will come out great based on your project choices so far!
        '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Originally posted by IronJoe View Post
          I prefer the step lips. Perhaps its just me, but the slant lip has a sort of optical illusion effect where it makes the same size face seem unnaturally small.

I'm sure whatever you choose will come out great based on your project choices so far!
          I get what you're saying, but the step lips make the RS wheels look quite understated and boring, I guess.
          '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Slant lip > all

Definitely agree
            Derek-

Comment

Originally posted by IronJoe View Post

Thats kinda what I think too for some reason, some of the slants look great, some of them make the centers look like 14's although maybe they were and they were upsized.

Comment

stepped, slant 100% meh

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Haha so far the poll is dead even.

Comment

yep, 7-5

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
                      yep, 7-5
                      Just changed it was 5-5 when I looked at it now 7-6 step ;)

Comment

No third option for "less trendy wheel?" :^)

Of the two I'd pick the stepped one. Looks more appropriate on an older car.

I get what you're saying, but the step lips make the RS wheels look quite understated and boring, I guess.
                        It's all a matter of opinion, of course, but to me RS wheels are boring. They're everywhere and on everything, snoresville.

As for understated, wheels are supposed to be understated, not the focal point of the car. They should fit the car and its styling not stand out.
                        Last edited by varg; 04-01-2017, 06:47 PM.

IG @turbovarg
                        '91 318is, M20 turbo
                        [CoTM: 4-18]
                        '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                        - updated 1-26

Comment

Slant 100%. And I have stepped lips.

Not really sure what is trendy about a period correct, German, 3 piece wheel that is older than the E30 chassis itself.

If people have been putting them on E30s for the last 30 years, I am guessing they aren't going anywhere any time soon.
                          Are Three Vee

Dad Spec

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
                            No third option for "less trendy wheel?" :^)

Of the two I'd pick the stepped one. Looks more appropriate on an older car.

It's all a matter of opinion, of course, but to me RS wheels are boring. They're everywhere and on everything, snoresville.

As for understated, wheels are supposed to be understated, not the focal point of the car. They should fit the car and its styling not stand out.
                            Besides on this board where are you seeing RS's everywhere? I haven't seen one set in Chicago.

No third choice the wheels are already being made and paid for:)

Of all the wheels I have owned over the years I never had a set of RS's thought it was time.

I'm still leaning toward step.

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
                              Of all the wheels I have owned over the years I never had a set of RS's thought it was time.
                              Same here. I knew how played out everyone always says they are, but I'd never owned a set so I had to go for it.
                              '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Working...
                              X