• Show
Clear All

hot.
    '89 "is" = M technic II build mode.

sigpic

Comment

Slowly, but slowly... I need more time.

But its WIP, as you can see:

I was pretty surprised, because there was getrag240 gearbox inside with old M20B25 engine, dont know why. I cant use that gearbox in my combination. Can you imagine, how soon torque will kill that gearbox... i dont want to try that.

So, i have plans to use ZF gearbox from E34 525 24v, i think thats better idea than small M20B20 gearbox.

Maybe i have to clean my engineroom little bit, or paint it..

EDIT:

i found some old picture, taken by previous owner:

Where the hell can i find wheels like this!!
      Last edited by E3024vtouring; 11-12-2008, 06:01 PM.
      NenimousGarage

Comment

Originally posted by E3024vtouring View Post
        I was pretty surprised, because there was getrag240 gearbox inside with old M20B25 engine, dont know why. I cant use that gearbox in my combination. Can you imagine, how soon torque will kill that gearbox... i dont want to try that.

So, i have plans to use ZF gearbox from E34 525 24v, i think thats better idea than small M20B20 gearbox.

Maybe i have to clean my engineroom little bit, or paint it..
        Looks good. That sounds like a good idea rather than putting a 240 behind it. That would end in disaster very quickly.

Comment

Those wheels look a lot like kershers. But those are three piece and I've never seen them in three piece? http://www.kerscher-tuning.de/raeder/?id=6
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by for3ver View Post
            Those wheels look a lot like kershers. But those are three piece and I've never seen them in three piece? http://www.kerscher-tuning.de/raeder/?id=6
            Yes, those are Kerschers. Model is New Star:

Its almost like Carmona but 3 piece.
            NenimousGarage

Comment

the 240 will be fine with a stock m50, but not once its boosted

Comment

Some updates, maybe next week i will start the engine.

G240 i still behind the engine, but i have G260 to replace it, when 240 is full of shit..(pretty soon, i think) Can i use same driveshaft?
                NenimousGarage

Comment

were the kerschers 4 or 5 lug?
                  *** For sale: euro stuff, BBS steering wheels, smoked tail lights, bunch of rare wheels (5x120 and 4x100) ***

[/color]

Comment

They were sold before i buy this car, but i know they were with adapters, so u can use wheels with 4 or 5-lugs, if u have correct adapters. Car is original 4-lug.
                    NenimousGarage

Comment

ahh right i remember. most of the kerscher wheels are with the adapter. do you also know the size he was running?
                      *** For sale: euro stuff, BBS steering wheels, smoked tail lights, bunch of rare wheels (5x120 and 4x100) ***

[/color]

Comment

Originally posted by AC Nico View Post
                        ahh right i remember. most of the kerscher wheels are with the adapter. do you also know the size he was running?
                        If i remember correctly, those wheels were 10,5x17" on the rear, cant remember how it was on the front.
                        NenimousGarage

Comment

Little bit testing, with smaller boost. Im still waiting my new ECU, so i have to be very careful..
                          Last edited by E3024vtouring; 10-20-2009, 01:45 PM.
                          NenimousGarage

Comment

i like you..

yu seem to move right along..

nice

Comment

Sexy!
                              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Creetings from Finland. Winter is almost here, and i have lot of things to do. Last season was, how to say, just for testing with those Ebay-parts. Megasquirt V3.0 ECU is inside and works very well, (managing fuel & original M50B25 coil-on-plug system, managed with wasted spark style,, launch control etc.)

So, lets see some pictures from last summer, there you go:

From some meeting:

There was some slipping problem in dyno(because of bad tyres), so we were putting more passengers inside(biggest guys that we found in 2 minutes). Result---> 278hp, with some exhaustheader pressure problems, (because of m#therf#cking chinese turbocharger, turbine AR.48

BadAss:

Yes, i am a liar--->

Those wheels(Brock B1 8,5/10x17") are already sold. Next wheels will be original look banded steel wheels (8,5/10x16") I dont have a pictures, but they look exactly same than those wheels behind the link: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...&postcount=633

Next updates:

-BBK (312x25 / 294x19, E32 750i brake calipers) Like this: http://www.300mm.de/312294mm/312294mm.html

-original taillights

-Bigger turbo(Holset HX40Spr), make some splitted manifold for that turbo, 50mm external wastegate, water/methanol injection? (there is some Coolingmist-kit, but im not sure yet... maybe there is some point, because of 10:1 compression)

-some repairment/update for suspension, bushings etc.

-New gearbox(old one is absolutely dead)

-New clutch kit and flywheel

-and of course some basic cleaning/painting/repairment...

so, lets see what happens.. I hope that i have better and faster car after next winter.
                                Last edited by E3024vtouring; 10-20-2009, 01:52 PM.
                                NenimousGarage

Comment

Working...
                                X