The Damn Catholic Church...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
    Nope, I don't discount any single person from any single faith, I can't presume to know what their true relationship to God is. Just because they fall into a neat little categorized series of boxes, it does not mean that that they may or may not gain eternal salvation.

Remember a quote I used above, "Many flocks have I...", who really knows? God, and he is the only one, I'm just glad to be along for the ride and a part of His plan, no matter how meek or meager my place may be.
    Interesting. So in that sense, you may not even believe that you are saved for sure? It's sorta a tossup, and you do what you, individually, deem 'best?'
    Originally posted by z31maniac
    I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Exactly, I'm just gonna go on doing the best I can, I'll never really know if I'm on the right track until that final day, but it feels right, I feel like I have a much better relationship and understanding now than I did always asking and not feeling right in the Catholic "program". I don't presume to know what his plan is, but simply accept that he has a plan. Maybe Jesus is coming back in a flying saucer. I really don't know. But, I know, one day, he is coming back. It's way too hard to presume what is really gonna happen, so in the mean time, I'm gonna hope the teacher's he has placed in front of me are guiding me down the right path, but shit, it could all be a sham and the one true religion is Unitarian Universalism or Zoroastrianism.

Comment

Exactly, I'm just gonna go on doing the best I can, I'll never really know if I'm on the right track until that final day, but it feels right, I feel like I have a much better relationship and understanding now than I did always asking and not feeling right in the Catholic "program". I don't presume to know what his plan is, but simply accept that he has a plan. Maybe Jesus is coming back in a flying saucer. I really don't know. But, I know, one day, he is coming back. It's way too hard to presume what is really gonna happen, so in the mean time, I'm gonna hope the teacher's he has placed in front of me are guiding me down the right path, but shit, it could all be a sham and the one true religion is Unitarian Universalism or Zoroastrianism.
        Interesting perspective. For me, I would find that challenging to continue on with my own beliefs. Like I said, after dropping my beliefs I feel like a large weight is off of my back. (Working towards a "relationship" I have no real way of personally gauging, meeting standards placed by individuals, internal struggle on what s really true, what's going to happen when I die, etc)
        I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Originally posted by ck_taft325is View Post
          Belief without doubt is like a body with no anti-bodies. Doubt is needed to continue to have understanding of other's perspective, just as anyone (ourselves) would like civil understanding when it comes to our belief. Not the "you're retarded if you believe in this crap!" as many think is appropriate.
          Haha, yeah... funny stuff. Sometimes I let my emotions get the best of me and I'll get, ahem "edgy" or something.

Nope, I don't discount any single person from any single faith, I can't presume to know what their true relationship to God is. Just because they fall into a neat little categorized series of boxes, it does not mean that that they may or may not gain eternal salvation.

Remember a quote I used above, "Many flocks have I...", who really knows? God, and he is the only one, I'm just glad to be along for the ride and a part of His plan, no matter how meek or meager my place may be.
          Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. - John 14:6

Very clear. There is no other way to God the Father than through the Son, the Messiah, Jesus Christ of Nazareth.
          I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

Originally posted by 87e30 View Post
            Like I said, after dropping my beliefs I feel like a large weight is off of my back. (Working towards a "relationship" I have no real way of personally gauging, meeting standards placed by individuals, internal struggle on what s really true, what's going to happen when I die, etc)
            Same^

Which is why I live by the Golden Rule and that is it. I have myself to answer to. If I do something that makes me feel uneasy, it's probably because I did something wrong. And of course the opposite holds true for positive things.
            "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
            -----------------------------------------
            91 318is Turbo Sold
            87 325 Daily driver Sold
            06 4.8is X5
            06 Mtec X3
            05 4.4i X5 Sold
            92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
            90 325i Sold
            97 328is Sold
            01 323ci Sold
            92 325i Sold
            83 528e Totaled
            98 328i Sold
            93 325i Sold

Comment

Originally posted by markseven View Post

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. - John 14:6

Very clear. There is no other way to God the Father than through the Son, the Messiah, Jesus Christ of Nazareth.

Exactly, thus, I can't presume to know what Christian is doing what, who of who is getting in, whom is doing it right. By faith I was speaking of Christian Faith.

Comment

I don't like the fact that everyone else immediately gets punished for ETERNITY because of this. It didn't used to weird me out when I assumed everyone had heard of but rejected Christianity, but when I started thinking about how many people have never encountered this particular belief structure I began to wonder, would 'God' really destroy these people for an entire eternity for being raised in a non-christian culture?

Then what about the exceptions made for children who die, like well since they are kids they get a pass? At this point you start making answers that you simply shouldn't be, but they are valid questions.

Every way I look at it, personally, it seems to be guided by the human hand with a hope in God, rather than the other way around.
                I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

But when he comes back, he gives everyone a second chance, or in some cases, a first chance to accept him. So, who is to say natives in Africa, South America, and other places won't be getting in?

Comment

But when he comes back, he gives everyone a second chance, or in some cases, a first chance to accept him. So, who is to say natives in Africa, South America, and other places won't be getting in?
                    That is true, depending on your belief of Revelations, the 7 'last' years, and the "rapture" you make a very good point.

^assuming this is true, and that everyone is left on earth for 7 years, then raptured.
                    I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

The only way out of messes like this is to buckle down and take responsibility for things under your control. The Pope is supposed to be a leader...
                      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Originally posted by joshh View Post
                        The Pope is supposed to be a leader...
                        Agreed.

Someone needs to man up and allow Catholic priests to marry and forget celibacy. 9/10 times I'm sure it's the root cause of these problems.
                        "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
                        91 318is Turbo Sold
                        87 325 Daily driver Sold
                        06 4.8is X5
                        06 Mtec X3
                        05 4.4i X5 Sold
                        90 325i Sold
                        97 328is Sold
                        01 323ci Sold
                        92 325i Sold
                        83 528e Totaled
                        98 328i Sold
                        93 325i Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Schnitzer318is View Post
                          Agreed.

Someone needs to man up and allow Catholic priests to marry and forget celibacy. 9/10 times I'm sure it's the root cause of these problems.
                          If that was the case they would be getting busted with hookers.

Comment

If that was the case they would be getting busted with hookers.
                            Better than children any day. ;)
                            91 318is Turbo Sold
                            87 325 Daily driver Sold
                            06 4.8is X5
                            06 Mtec X3
                            05 4.4i X5 Sold
                            90 325i Sold
                            97 328is Sold
                            01 323ci Sold
                            92 325i Sold
                            83 528e Totaled
                            98 328i Sold
                            93 325i Sold

Comment

Originally posted by BobombETA View Post
                              I'll just leave this here.

Comment

Originally posted by 87e30 View Post
                                I don't like the fact that everyone else immediately gets punished for ETERNITY because of this. It didn't used to weird me out when I assumed everyone had heard of but rejected Christianity, but when I started thinking about how many people have never encountered this particular belief structure I began to wonder, would 'God' really destroy these people for an entire eternity for being raised in a non-christian culture?

Then what about the exceptions made for children who die, like well since they are kids they get a pass? At this point you start making answers that you simply shouldn't be, but they are valid questions.

Every way I look at it, personally, it seems to be guided by the human hand with a hope in God, rather than the other way around.

There's that verse "By no other name than mine" that I've thought long and hard about. I think it's less a matter of knowing the name "Jesus" but rather a statement of fact. No other name, Buddha, Muhammad (spelling?) etc, will get you to heaven. Not so much, "Hey this is the password... say it at the pearly gates and James Dean will let you by".

I'm going to put a question out there... while feeling liberated at discerning your own "right and wrong", how do you reconcile beliefs or sociapathology that dictates to someone else what is right and wrong? Stark contrast wise. Not the "I fold my socks this way and he does it this way, thus wrong." Belief in God is much less than someone, a person (preacher, pastor, priest, etc) telling you how to live your life as there are freedoms in Christ that the Bible does not comment on (Masturbation, smoking cigarettes, smoking weed and the like). Religious types like to claim certain things are wrong and while one can make a case for all of those stated above, I don't think the Bible has a particular view point on these beyond personal conviction.

Fact: Everyone can benefit from the Bible. The Ten Commandments alone are pretty huge. The purpose of the Bible (Old to New Testament) really shows us in stark contrast how little we are capable of following it. Does this make it wrong simply because we fail? I don't think so. It points ultimately to Christ/God and how and why we were created. Relationship.

I'm ranting at this point and as I've been told, I type too much ;)

Definately enjoying peoples opinions and view points on this. To be honest, I've been challanged and had to question things from a different point of view in regards to my faith and for this, I thank you guys.
                                Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

Working...
                                X