Some ideas about my future track car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PiercedE30 View Post
    My bad, didn't know he was going to mate the 6 speed to an M20.
    Well I have never heard of an E30 6 speed.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by PiercedE30 View Post
      My bad, didn't know he was going to mate the 6 speed to an M20.
      Even if he wasn't mating it to an m20, TJ's point still stands.
      Say for example he is swapping an s50 motor... Whether he uses the e36 5-speed or the e36 6-speed, the gear ratios are the same. The only difference is that the 6th speed is an overdrive gear for cruising, and the 6-speed is longer and heavier.

-Erik

Comment

Thanks for the input guys.

I've been thinkin a bit again (I think 2 much) ... I was intending on changing the motor to a M42 2.0lt stroker... which I'm pretty sure I could pull 250hp out, and I thought it would give better weight distribution...

On the downside, I dont know how reliable such a built motor will be... and how much torque it will produce, the motor will be fully cabale of spinning to around 9000rpm, wheather it can make the power there is another story.

Where I know that a 2.9lt M20, can make 250hp easily... and a bit more, it will rev to 7000rpm with no problem, and be bullet proof.

Then onto the body... weight savings, just wanna make sure there is nothing I missing, other than stripping the car, and removing the bottom half of the dash, aswell as all sound deadening... there is nothing else to really lighten the car.

Also, I know I can run on light weight body panels, which I will prob use a CF hood... but the rest I think can stay stock just for the fact if I bash one of them, it's a whole bunch easier to fix and/or replace.

Onto the wheels... I understand that they will be pretty heavy, but I dont really understand what the problem with them being a bit soft is... as they only going to see track time, so no real pot holes to worry about.

Then another thing... I've decieded not to go with the adjustable pedal box... I was thinkin if push really comes to shove, I can use a remote adjustable Master Cylinder... and it provides less of a head ache for me, which I might have to do anyways if I can't get the ITB's to fit with a smaller Brake Booster.

Suspesion... well I'm still thinkin about that, I know I'm gonna run on coil overs... but what spring rates to run is beyond me, I know that someone is going to say u have to drive it 1st before u can say what springs... but I still need 2 find out what range I'm lookin at, so I can put something onto the car, to test with, and fidn what works for me.

Also can someone pls explain to me what bump steer is ? I've read that if u lower the e30 to much the angle of the control arm, will create bump steer

Comment

Working...
        X