the never ending build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mentaleeill View Post
    cooling is handled via a 16" spal pusher fan, m42 radiator, and 88* thermostat. on the hottest(100*) of days i cruise at the 1/4 mark and i can be in traffic and never go above 1/2.

i used some heat tape that i got from the local performance shop on the plastic cover and it holds up well.

and no drug sales here, im a foreman for a large scale commercial construction company. i actually just finishing remodeling bumblebeemers(saw his car atleast 3 times there) favorite bk in Brick.
    good to know, thank you.

any chance you remember the p/n for it?

where did you mount it?
    IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Haha i have a 16" Spal pusher in front of my m42 rad and an 80*C thermostat too. Mines the thinner one that still pushes 1900cfm of air. That and the 318is radiator fan switch gives me the same running a little over 1/4 all the time and never over half.

Good to know with the tape. Is it just adhesive tinfoil or a real heat resistant material? I have some tinfoil kinda stuff but i kinda dont want to melt my cover haha.
      -Chris

Comment

Originally posted by So Live View Post
        Haha i have a 16" Spal pusher in front of my m42 rad and an 80*C thermostat too. Mines the thinner one that still pushes 1900cfm of air. That and the 318is radiator fan switch gives me the same running a little over 1/4 all the time and never over half.

Good to know with the tape. Is it just adhesive tinfoil or a real heat resistant material? I have some tinfoil kinda stuff but i kinda dont want to melt my cover haha.
        im guessing that you have removed the a/c condenser then? i want to get a more powerful fan to replace the aux fan and if you guys are running a 16" pusher with a turbo setup i feel that i shouldnt have too much to worry about.

i just need to find something worthy of replacing the aux fan because i can't figure out why the low speed won't turn on :(

Comment

I guess the resistor can get burnt out on the fans. I think you might be able to jumper out the resistor and have it just be on high speed all the time.

Yeah i have zero a/c stuff but i have a 2.75" thick intercooler in front of the fan. You should have enough room to mount the thin fan i bought in front of the a/c parts no problem.
          -Chris

Comment

I wish my paint was as clean as yours. Such a nice car. I would love to see updated pics.

Comment

I actually just finishing remodeling bumblebeemers(saw his car atleast 3 times there) favorite bk in Brick.
              He is a BK whore, even in Allentown he eats a lot of BK.
              Good luck with the build.

Comment

Awesome. Simply awesome.

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
                RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

Originally posted by dude8383 View Post
                  good to know, thank you.

any chance you remember the p/n for it?

where did you mount it?
                  i have the slim series, but if you dont have to squeeze it in between a rad. and fmic you can go pretty much any thickness. when i was na, i got a 14" from autozone to replace my aux. fan and it worked great.

oh, and the heat tape shit is kinda like a fiberglass material.

Comment

But, but, what about the Brocks?!
                    -Erik
                    '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Originally posted by 87e30
                    I just want to dance with some beezies

Comment

Very cool build. I will check in on this from time to time. You have my attention!
                      Yours truly,
                      Rich
                      sigpic
                      Originally posted by Rigmaster
                      you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

Originally posted by AlpineE30M52 View Post
                        But, but, what about the Brocks?!
                        i know i wish i still had them. im on 16x9 modernlines now with 225/40 rubber.

Comment

Pics of new wheels on car or ban.

... thanks!
                          -Chris

Comment

i have the slim series, but if you dont have to squeeze it in between a rad. and fmic you can go pretty much any thickness. when i was na, i got a 14" from autozone to replace my aux. fan and it worked great.

oh, and the heat tape shit is kinda like a fiberglass material.
                            much appreciated man.

thank you.

Comment

i know i wish i still had them. im on 16x9 modernlines now with 225/40 rubber.
                              i REALLLY want to see this.
                              1989 Bronzit 325ia- Sold
                              1986 Diamondschwarz Grey Market 325i Sport Mtech 1- Parted out
                              1988 Delphin 327i- Sold
                              1995 Cosmos M3- Current

Comment

subscribed. i want to turbo my s50 in the future, so it will be nice to see how this build turns out.

oh and i am using 75deg Tstat m20 rad, running a spal 12" puller fan running off the a/c fan relay on high speed at all times, and controlled via the A/C button inside the car. if i had a turbo motor i would probably run dual 12" puller fans...
                                IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X