No announcement yet.

My 87 325.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol Wish my 325 was cleaned up like your's, god knows it needs it. Awesome job with the project so far man.
    "We're not here for a long time, we're here for a good time"-Colin McCrae

Comment

Originally posted by White325is View Post
      Yeah the M52 headers are the same...

As for the booster I wish I took more photos because I knew people would as more questions. I will make something up in MS paint to try and explain it a little easier to everyone. Sucks that the intake was already shaved like that when I got th motor because it wasnt needed with this setup. Im gonna have to clean that up a little.
      I used the M42 rad. I bought one hose for another car and I cut both of my hoses out of that one hose. I will get the part number off of it later today or tomorrow.
      And the wiring isnt that hard really, EricT did it for me but I understand better on how he got the info he did.
      Personally I've got the M50 rad hoses (came with the motor) which should work for the M42 radiator. But don't let that stop you from posting the part number for others. What fan setup did you use? From what I understand using a mechanical fan is a no no (space as well as efficiency issues) so most people go for an electric SPAL (or ebay) pusher or something. What have you used to control the fan?

Car's coming along nicely. Keep us updated, and I'm still interested in the brake booster diagram.

Comment

I used a 12 inch 1750 CFM pusher fan and I hooked it up to the temp relay switch thing..
        The mechanical fan will not work. They say for using a mechanical fan you need atleast 2 inches between the fan and rad anyways..

Comment

Hope this helps, I doubt it will do much. I will "TRY" and get photos.

Comment

I can haz custom shift boot?

If anyone knows where I can get the rear headrest and more material to make a ebrake boot let me know.

Comment

I like what you've done with it. You must have a few swaps under your belt, huh? I've got about 6 or 7 full days into mine so far and Its still not ready to fire up.
              S50'd

Originally posted by TDE30
              What is this faggy shit I have happened upon?
              Originally posted by slammin.e28
              I can always live in a M3. Can't M3 a house.

Comment

Originally posted by Lof8 View Post
                I like what you've done with it. You must have a few swaps under your belt, huh? I've got about 6 or 7 full days into mine so far and Its still not ready to fire up.
                Always takes at least 3x as long as you think it will. Generally, even if it's not the first time you've done it. :p

Comment

Hope this helps, I doubt it will do much. I will "TRY" and get photos.

I think I get it. You just move the entire thing over by drilling new holes, and the fastener clip (I haven't taken a good hard look at how the brake pedal is set up yet) moves over to where you can hook it directly to the pedal. I'll have to take another look at the setup. Thanks again.

Comment

Well keep in mind, the pedal assembly doesnt move. Just the booster and where that rod from the booster mounts.

Comment

Well keep in mind, the pedal assembly doesnt move. Just the booster and where that rod from the booster mounts.
                      Well yeah, the booster is the only thing that moves. I got it. :p

Comment

Well, I had some free time to get some work done on the car today.
                        I got the shifter and all the linkage installed thanks to a sweet ass bushing/bracket that Eric made for me.
                        I still need to bend the shift arm a little bit, but thats another day. I did try and move it but since I dont have the little valve coming from the booster to the intake the brakes and idle was all wacky.
                        Oh well, tomorrow is another day. Still got a few more things to take care of in the bay and I can button that all up.
                        I did make a heat sheild for the intake though, thought it came out nice for what it is.

Yeah yeah I took a bunch of photos, thought it would help.

I got a few more updates coming. I should have one on Monday and one later on in the week.

Comment

Looks like you could use an '89+ front valance... ;)
                          -Erik
                          '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Originally posted by 87e30
                          I just want to dance with some beezies

Comment

Not with euro bumpers. :)

Comment

I can haz custom shift boot?

If anyone knows where I can get the rear headrest and more material to make a ebrake boot let me know.
                              hazleton harrys all day long. there is 2 sets of lower houndstooth seats in a red jetta near an e30. i was going to take them to use them to make custom boots for my houndstooth sport interior but just decided to list the interior for sale. no i dont remember which e30 or even which part of the import section they are in.

Comment

Originally posted by Colorlesss View Post
                                no i dont remember which e30 or even which part of the import section they are in.
                                Its ok, my interior is already clean enough.
                                There wasnt any e30s there with missing seats that I noticed. maybe one had a missing driver side same color. But thats it.
                                The only jetta that I seen there was a red hatch and I took the driver side fender off of it today while I was there.

Comment

Working...
                                X