Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

318is Alchemy

Alchemy:
    2. any magical power or process of transmuting a common substance, usually of little value, into a substance of great value.

318is alchemy:
    1. any magical power or process of transmuting a common 318is, usually of little value (practically no value), into a e30 of only marginally greater value.

So I get my hands on this real bucket of a 318is for really cheap. I mean, the car isn't THAT bad but it's kinda like that super hot manic depressive chick you date. You know, it's all great in the beginning, sex is fan-fucking-tastic, they she tries to cut your wee wee off. Looks great at first but she's got some problems, happens to all of us.

318is, hot stuff, super light, wicked fast m42 (LOLZ), and the timeless e30 body. Anyways, here's some pictures of some past exploits to keep you reading:

Anyways, here is the 318is (WARNING: MANY OF THESE PICTURES ARE LIKE TEASER MATERIAL, I WILL GET BETTER PICTURES WHEN IT STOPS LOOKING LIKE BOO BOO):

Pretty much the first thing I did was replace the lower valence thingy because it was in a front end collision and was repaired by drunk billy goats.

Aww how cute

Calaveras test run. It works.

Roll cage install, hopefully I never test it.

Partially completed "theme", still finding all the trim pieces.

Completed roll cage and stuff that you cant see liiiiikke z3 steering rack, ps delete.

Red tails, painted bumpers and sides.

Theme almost there.

Cracked a headlight so I bought these new used ones. Oh snap, they are like an upgrade too, awesome!

Cars need wheels so imma use these.

So far I love it. I'm used to driving cars with much more power but driving a lightweight low power car forces you to step up your driving. I like that.

This is the art of momentum racing.

I fell in love with momentum racing by taking a couple laps in a honda cup challenge hatchback that DEVASTATED every other car there that day. Sometimes its not about how fast the car can accelerate but about how little the car needs to brake.

Stay tuned for worthy pictures!

Build, break, repair, repeat.
    91 300zx TT
    03 540i Msport
    91 318is track
    89 Isuzu Imark/lotus 24hr Lemons car

Originally posted by george graves
    R3v is a very different kind of forum - don't come here with your bull shit - we'll actually take the time to call you on it.

looks really good!

Comment

yes, e36 318is badge. one of my top finds at the yard!

Autopower bolt in btw

91 300zx TT
      03 540i Msport
      91 318is track

R3v is a very different kind of forum - don't come here with your bull shit - we'll actually take the time to call you on it.

Comment

whats with painting stuff black?

Comment

Originally posted by lennon View Post
          whats with painting stuff black?
          its easier to retouch if it gets fucked up.

oh yeah, I think it looks cool too. I've always wanted to build a red/black car. Plus red and black works with the german colors which I wanted to incorporate.

91 300zx TT
          03 540i Msport
          91 318is track

Comment

very cool! looking forward to seeing more pics!
            stephenbrody.com

Comment

Looking forward to seeing better pics :D

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
              RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

Great Start

Comment

Moar

Comment

looking good so far.....what do ya got planned for that lil m42 or are you doing a swap

Comment

Working...
                    X