The Damn Catholic Church...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Damn Catholic Church...

I'm a equal opportunity despise-er for organized religion...

What are your opinions?

The Catholic Church is a complete joke imho. Same level as Scientology, only old.

>> 1988 3.1 ITB E30 /// 2002 E46 M3 6MT / 2008 335xi 6MT / 1991 S38B36 E30 (sold)

Comment

Just a Cult that took off and got popular, nothing different than any of the other variations of this theme.
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

Well, when a Roman Emperor decides it's time to create an angle with what is popular at the time to take control of the masses.

Comment

I'm not religious, but was raised in a religious household.

I like organized religion. People like it, church's bring good things to the community and religion can serve to unite a country.

Don't blame religion for bad things happening, that would happen anyways.
          Originally posted by z31maniac
          I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Originally posted by 87e30 View Post
            I like organized religion. People like it, church's bring good things to the community and religion can serve to unite a country.

Don't blame religion for bad things happening, that would happen anyways.
            I am blaming the use of control of someones eternal damnation or salvation by a bunch of fuct up, power hungry folks. There is nothing wrong with religion, save the fact that we humans have screwed it up so bad.

Comment

When corporations hide behind the curtain of religion, I have a problem.

>> 1988 3.1 ITB E30 /// 2002 E46 M3 6MT / 2008 335xi 6MT / 1991 S38B36 E30 (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Raxe View Post
                When corporations hide behind the curtain of religion, I have a problem.
                One could also say "when governments hide behind the curtain of religion'.....

Hell, it's bad enough that churches do it!

By the way- in the spirit of Bible fun I give you:

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                  I am blaming the use of control of someones eternal damnation or salvation by a bunch of fuct up, power hungry folks. There is nothing wrong with religion, save the fact that we humans have screwed it up so bad.
                  But - people that are a part of religion see this much much differently. Religion has evolved, it's always easy to say something was better in the past, but with out really being there I think this can be an inaccurate claim.

Religion has been used throughout history to gain power, not just currently. That doesn't mean those in power don't truly believe what they are saying, and who are we to tell them they are wrong? Almost all of the followers are given a choice, nothing wrong with that.

How did religion used to be any less "fuct up?" What does it matter if those in charge hold power? Organization require leaders, leaders receive power.
                  I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

It wasn't fuct up when God talked to people, telling them what he wants, now it's man telling you what they think god wants!
                    Last edited by Farbin Kaiber; 04-06-2010, 09:02 PM.

Comment

It wasn't fuct up when God talked to people, telling them what he wants, now it man telling you what they think god wants!
                      I don't even know how to read that statement, or what you mean exactly.

But I see where you're coming from, I simply think it's how everything goes. People like to pick on religion too much in my opinion.
                      I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

In old times, God choose to inform his people his wishes by talking to them, now other human beings try to tell others what it is that god wants.

Better?

Comment

In old times, God choose to inform his people his wishes by talking to them, now other human beings try to tell others what it is that god wants.

Better?
                          Ah, I couldn't tell if you were being sarcastic.

You are speaking of old testament times, and then quite literally when Jesus was on earth talking to people.
                          I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Originally posted by Raxe View Post
                            The Catholic Church is a complete joke imho. Same level as Scientology, only old.

Basically, needs to lose all of their exemptions.
                            Im now E30less.
                            sigpic

Comment

The Catholic Church can suck my dick, they would happily oblige im sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X