Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

iranian cleric says scantily clad women cause earthquakes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iranian cleric says scantily clad women cause earthquakes.

A senior Iranian cleric has claimed that dolled-up women incite extramarital sex, causing more earthquakes in Iran, a country that straddles several fault lines, newspapers reported on Saturday.

"Many women who dress inappropriately ... cause youths to go astray, taint their chastity and incite extramarital sex in society, which increases earthquakes," Ayatollah Kazem Sedighi told worshippers at Friday prayers in Tehran.

"Calamities are the result of people's deeds," he was quoted as saying by reformist Aftab-e Yazd newspaper. "We have no way but conform to Islam to ward off dangers."

The Islamic dress code is mandatory in Iran, which has been under clerical rule for more than three decades.

Every post-pubescent woman regardless of her religion or nationality must cover her hair and bodily contours in public. Offenders face punishment and fine.

But this has not stopped urban women from appearing in the streets wearing tight coats and flimsy headscarves and layers of skilfully applied makeup.

Iran is prone to frequent quakes, many of which have been devastating.

The worst in recent times hit the southern city of Bam in December 2003, killing 31,000 people - about a quarter of the population - and destroying its ancient mud-built citadel.
    really, i'm just throwing out a counterpoint on the "fundamentalists are only a small bit of islam" here. teh crazy seems pretty widespread to me.
    past:
    1989 325is (learner shitbox)
    1986 325e (turbo dorito)
    1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
    1985 323i baur
    current:
    1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

senior Iranian cleric = fundamentalist
    cars beep boop

Comment

lol.

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
        senior Iranian cleric = fundamentalist
        ok yeah, but he's been chosen as a religious leader, and thus is representative of a large demographic. no?
        past:
        1986 325e (turbo dorito)
        1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
        1985 323i baur
        current:

Comment

Originally posted by dk View Post
          ok yeah, but he's been chosen as a religious leader, and thus is representative of a large demographic. no?
          Not really. I wouldn't say that the religious leaders in the U.S. are representative of the larger demographic. Usually, they are the most devout + the most outspoken. (otherwise they wouldn't be leaders)

Also, shit, Limbaugh blamed the health care bill for the Icelandic volcano thing. Isn't that more or less the same situation? :p
          cars beep boop

Comment

Isn't it the same situation if anything anyone says is taken stupid-wooden-literally?
            Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

she should live over here where she has the freedom to believe this nonsense.
              sigpic
              Originally posted by u3b3rg33k
              If you ever sell that car, tell me first. I want to be the first to not be able to afford it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf View Post
                she should live over here where she has the freedom to believe this nonsense.

You say some of my favorite things on this board...
                Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                  Also, shit, Limbaugh blamed the health care bill for the Icelandic volcano thing. Isn't that more or less the same situation? :p
                  You got your facts wrong - everybody knows the volcano is Booshes fault.
                  Rides...
                  1991 325i - sold :(
                  2004 2WD Frontier King Cab

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

Comment

If that's true then Allah fucked up hitting China.

Comment

Earthquakes in my pants more like.

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
                      RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

dolled up women do incite extramarital sex! i wholeheartedly agree.

everytime i see a chick lookin really good i go daaaayyuumm i wanna hit that.
                        AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by dk View Post
                          ok yeah, but he's been chosen as a religious leader, and thus is representative of a large demographic. No?
                          hah.
                          -Darius (aka DiscoDoughnuts on other forums)

dude man bro...

Comment

Originally posted by dnova89 View Post
                            hah.
                            award for "most eloquent answer of the month" nomination.
                            past:
                            1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                            1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                            1985 323i baur
                            current:

Comment

Originally posted by Jon325i View Post
                              You got your facts wrong - everybody knows the volcano is Booshes fault.
                              Dont be stupid, Bush only uses his powers to kill off the Kanyes.
                              Im now E30less.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X