Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's join the liberals in boycotting Arizona Iced Tea...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's join the liberals in boycotting Arizona Iced Tea...

just make sure not to tell them its made in NY!

Opponents of Arizona's new anti-immigrant law are calling for a boycott of the state's products - including the popular Arizona Iced Tea.

The problem: Arizona Iced Tea is actually brewed in New York.

Online, misguided tea fans vowed to switch to Lipton or Snapple.

"Dear Arizona: If you don't change your immigration policy, I will have to stop drinking your enjoyable brand of iced tea," Twittered Jody Beth in Los Angeles.

"It is the drink of fascists," wrote Travis Nichols in Chicago.

The company did not return messages asking if they planned to set the public straight.

Founded in Brooklyn in 1992, the firm was based in Queens before moving into a new $35 million headquarters in Nassau County last year.
    Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

This law is racist plain and simple. I wonder how many of you crackers get stopped and checked to see if youre an illegal from canada. This was written into law to harass people that look of latino heritage.

Comment

DailyNews got trolled, Mr. Copypasta got trolled. Ha.
      cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by Leaf View Post
        This law is racist plain and simple. I wonder how many of you crackers get stopped and checked to see if youre an illegal from canada. This was written into law to harass people that look of latino heritage.

Discuss further!
        Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Oh shut the fuck up. This law is nearly word for word the same thing as the FEDERAL laws. This just lets the state enforce it since the FEDS WONT

You have to show you papers when you get pulled over in the 1st place no matter who you are even us white people, Not just when driving while brown.

They have to pull you over for a Legitimate reason 1st, then have probable cause that you are here and should not be before they can even ask about your citizenship. No DL or ID, dont speak the engrish, dont have any Insurance, all probable cause that you are not here legally.

Educate your self before you start with you racist sentiment and knee jerk reactions.

Dub this kinda of thing dose not surprise me at all, and I do find it rather humorous
          Last edited by mrsleeve; 04-28-2010, 12:42 PM.
          Originally posted by Fusion
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

I'm switching to Snapple!

Comment

Wouldn't it be cool if the stereotype were reversed, y'know like if you saw a person of Hispanic origin and you automatically thought "now there is a legit person" instead of "I bet he's a scab" or "how many babies does that bitch have on welfare"...wonder how long it would take for that attitude to take effect if the latinos first stopped shooting each other, then quit stealing, then only came to the US with proper documentation, all of that bullshit that EVERY culture has had to do to fit in the great melting pot we have as a country...

I bet the stereotype could be wiped out in 10 years. Latinos, step up and do it. Clean up the wreckage. Make your people go home who do not have permission to be here. Go home and take care of the drug issues, find a solution to the crime, the hatred your own people have towards each other.

Do it yourselves, from within your own communities. I know how proud and capable the Latino people can be. Do something about it!

I am from San Diego. I grew up with latino people all around me. I have never met a family I didn't respect, never had an issue with anyone of ANY race...but I sure saw a lot of hassles, especially with latinos.

That stereotype came from somewhere, didn't it?

Closing SOON!
              "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Arizona is far too cheap for me to pass up. Carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                  Arizona is far too cheap for me to pass up. Carry on.
                  lol

Comment

Racial profiling...you're damned right it is. And it works. How do you think law enforcment gets much of there work done. Profiling has been used for eons.

But this really isn't about race. It's about the fact some people just don't want to admit these people came here illegaly and are being sent back to there horribly run nation. Adios!!

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

If in need, we should help them. Plain and simple. The law should not be broken though. Nor should the law be so hard to appease.

It's ironic that the Liberals (far left) are against this Immigration Law, but if we were to say, go to Mexico, and clean the whole place up, I guarantee they would have an issue with big bad Americano's coming into Mexico and sticking their evil, corporate run, greedy paws, all over the nations infrastructure. The real solution would be to fix Mexico. Reform immigration law to a 2-5 day process (bear in mind this will open up our borders to let undesirables in, but we don't seem to mind housing rapist, murderers, pedophiles and drug dealers anyways, so what's the difference?).

This law sadly though, is not much different from the Federal Law that the Feds have been bullied into not upholding it. A Government cannot be seen to uphold the law in this area, but not this area because it's "unpopular" with a MINORITY of people. Which is not Republican, Democratic or American in the slightest.
                      Last edited by ck_taft325is; 04-28-2010, 05:21 PM.
                      Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

The chattering class is aghast at Arizona's new immigration law. "Harkens back to apartheid," says the Atlanta Journal-Constitution's Cynthia Tucker. "Shameful," says the Washington Post's E.J. Dionne. "Terrible…an invitation to abuse," says the New York Times' David Brooks.

For his part, President Obama calls the law "misguided" and says it "threaten[s] to undermine basic notions of fairness that we cherish as Americans." Obama has ordered the Justice Department to "closely monitor the situation and examine the civil rights and other implications of this legislation."

Has anyone actually read the law? Contrary to the talk, it is a reasonable, limited, carefully-crafted measure designed to help law enforcement deal with a serious problem in Arizona. Its authors anticipated criticism and went to great lengths to make sure it is constitutional and will hold up in court. It is the criticism of the law that is over the top, not the law itself.

The law requires police to check with federal authorities on a person's immigration status, if officers have stopped that person for some legitimate reason and come to suspect that he or she might be in the U.S. illegally. The heart of the law is this provision: "For any lawful contact made by a law enforcement official or a law enforcement agency…where reasonable suspicion exists that the person is an alien who is unlawfully present in the United States, a reasonable attempt shall be made, when practicable, to determine the immigration status of the person…"

Critics have focused on the term "reasonable suspicion" to suggest that the law would give police the power to pick anyone out of a crowd for any reason and force them to prove they are in the U.S. legally. Some foresee mass civil rights violations targeting Hispanics.

What fewer people have noticed is the phrase "lawful contact," which defines what must be going on before police even think about checking immigration status. "That means the officer is already engaged in some detention of an individual because he's violated some other law," says Kris Kobach, a University of Missouri Kansas City Law School professor who helped draft the measure. "The most likely context where this law would come into play is a traffic stop."

As far as "reasonable suspicion" is concerned, there is a great deal of case law dealing with the idea, but in immigration matters, it means a combination of circumstances that, taken together, cause the officer to suspect lawbreaking. It's not race -- Arizona's new law specifically says race and ethnicity cannot be the sole factors in determining a reasonable suspicion.

For example: "Arizona already has a state law on human smuggling," says Kobach. "An officer stops a group of people in a car that is speeding. The car is overloaded. Nobody had identification. The driver acts evasively. They are on a known smuggling corridor." That is a not uncommon occurrence in Arizona, and any officer would reasonably suspect that the people in the car were illegal. Under the new law, the officer would get in touch with U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement to check on their status.

But what if the driver of the car had shown the officer his driver's license? The law clearly says that if someone produces a valid Arizona driver's license, or other state-issued identification, they are presumed to be here legally. There's no reasonable suspicion.

Is having to produce a driver's license too burdensome? These days, natural-born U.S. citizens, and everybody else, too, are required to show a driver's license to get on an airplane, to check into a hotel, even to purchase some over-the-counter allergy medicines. If it's a burden, it's a burden on everyone.

Still, critics worry the law would force some people to carry their papers, just like in an old movie. The fact is, since the 1940s, federal law has required non-citizens in this country to carry, on their person, the documentation proving they are here legally -- green card, work visa, etc. That hasn't changed.

Kobach, a Republican who is now running for Kansas Secretary of State, was the chief adviser to Attorney General John Ashcroft on immigration issues from 2001 to 2003. He has successfully defended Arizona immigration laws in the past. "The bill was drafted in expectation that the open-borders crowd would almost certainly bring a lawsuit," he says. "It's drafted to withstand judicial scrutiny."

The bottom line is, it's a good law, sensibly written and rigorously focused -- no matter what the critics say.

Read more at the Washington Examiner: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/op...#ixzz0mQndSl9m
                        sigpic89 M3

Comment

Dude my dad who looks white is of hispanic heritage I mean he is hispanic and still get popped like everyother person. Eventhough he is here legally and speaks minimal to no english feels the law is just. He struggled to come here and work for his American dream the way it should.

Originally posted by ck_taft325is View Post
                          It's ironic that the Liberals (far left) are against this Immigration Law, but if we were to say, go to Mexico, and clean whole place up, I guarantee they would have an issue with big bad Americano's coming into Mexico and sticking their evil, corporate run, greedy paws, all over the nations infrastructure. The real solution would be to fix Mexico. Reform immigration law to a 2-5 day process (bear in mind this will open up our borders to let undesirables in, but we don't seem to mind housing rapist, murderers, pedophiles and drug dealers anyways, so what's the difference?).
                          I totally agree.

Comment

what is the big deal about "racial profiling?" the fact the cops can stop and "hassle" you? thats what fucking cops do!

should i be up in arms the next time i encounter a check stop? how dare they assume i might be such a negligent dipshit as to drive while impaired!

seriously, if its a problem (illegal aliens) then whats the big deal about the police trying to do something about it? it seems like you all are assuming the police are going to rodney king everyone who has brown skin now

whos fault is it its impossible to tell a Colombian from a Mexican? are you guys as upset about racially profiling middle eastern types/Arabs? who else is blowing up planes these days?

should the color of your skin insulate you from suspicion?

SC*AR

Originally posted by JamesE30
                            And with a car looking like yours I imagine the balance shall tip in the favor of insult, like a big fat fucking retarded fucking black girl on a see-saw, opposite... a dwarf.

Comment

cars beep boop

Comment

Working...
                              X