No announcement yet.

how much Camber do i really need?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MF/Vorshlag plates don't work with stock-style Springs & Bilsteins, yet... (if that's what you're running).

Try KMac's Caster/Camber plates.
    “one of the most beautiful BMW’s ever...”

Comment

im running 2.50 in front and 2.25 in the rear for the street. up front i have crash mounts and turner fixed plates. in th rear i have irelands adjustable camber and toe set up....tire wear is perfect if you thrash it in the corners.
      We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
      www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

ok -- i think i get the picture --

i needed to know how effective more than -1.5 degrees would be.. u folks are quoting -2 and more and that setting seems to make the your respective cars feel/handle better

thanks!!!!!
        --Hayden--
        '87 325 coupe- Trak Rat
        '93 318is- 4cyl's of fury
        '92 Integra GS-R--yeah, its fast..
        www.G2IC.com

Comment

what do you guys think the best adjustable camber plates for springs and blistens?

Comment

Originally posted by sharkd View Post
            MF/Vorshlag plates don't work with stock-style Springs & Bilsteins, yet... (if that's what you're running).

Try KMac's Caster/Camber plates.
            ^He lies. I have H&R Race springs and Koni's. No GC here. They working on (if the haven't done so yet) making a camber plate for bilsteins.
            My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
            There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick92GS-R View Post

i needed to know how effective more than -1.5 degrees would be.. u folks are quoting -2 and more and that setting seems to make the your respective cars feel/handle better

thanks!!!!!
              It's not uncommon for serious autocrossers to run more like 4 degrees and some toe out.

Comment

FOUND IT

explore: http://www.bmwm3shop.de/
                R.I.P 07/01/09 - 04/23/10 :(

Comment

Originally posted by Slick92GS-R View Post

thanks!!!!!

good ans here... MOST are accurate. To ans your ? is not an ez one. It depends on useage, tires , need for adj, cash avail...etc!

The MF are awesome for all issues but a bit pricey. If you drive daily or often...over 2.5 will eat your tires. I track mostly w/ HR race and koni...I run RRT max fixed and am at 3.2..but RRT stopped selling these. Try TMS,IE and Mod. As per Toyo...RA's need like 3. There will be a big diff on turn in bet 1.5 and 2.5.
                  I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

Originally posted by blunt View Post
                    im running 2.50 in front and 2.25 in the rear for the street. up front i have crash mounts and turner fixed plates. in th rear i have irelands adjustable camber and toe set up....tire wear is perfect if you thrash it in the corners.
                    excuse my ignorance, but what are "crash mounts". also blunt, when u say 2.5F 2.25R yer talking about yer ERS spring diameter? or camber, b.c if its camber thats a damn funny coincidence.
                    IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by golde30 View Post
                      excuse my ignorance, but what are "crash mounts". also blunt, when u say 2.5F 2.25R yer talking about yer ERS spring diameter? or camber, b.c if its camber thats a damn funny coincidence.

sorry for being know..sy but.......crash mounts are offset upper strut mounts.....sold by dealers often to correct troubled frt ended cars and Im sure he is referring to his neg camber w/ those numbers
                      I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

Originally posted by 92 mtechnic cabrio View Post
                        FOUND IT

explore: http://www.bmwm3shop.de/
                        some sweet camber plates-- says 249 euro EACH

i think that the Kmac from TMS might be my deal..
                        --Hayden--
                        '87 325 coupe- Trak Rat
                        www.G2IC.com

Comment

Originally posted by JoelRKaplan View Post
                          good ans here... MOST are accurate. To ans your ? is not an ez one. It depends on useage, tires , need for adj, cash avail...etc!

The MF are awesome for all issues but a bit pricey. If you drive daily or often...over 2.5 will eat your tires. I track mostly w/ HR race and koni...I run RRT max fixed and am at 3.2..but RRT stopped selling these. Try TMS,IE and Mod. As per Toyo...RA's need like 3. There will be a big diff on turn in bet 1.5 and 2.5.
                          I daily drive my car with -2.9 degrees up front. I have driven it like this for the past 5 months or so, with the same tires. I have very little toe in (some where around -0.05" on each side). I have very little tread wear.
                          Camber doesn't kill tires, excessive toe-in/out does.
                          My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
                          There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

You forgot about KMac:

I was thinking about getting some of these, what do you all think of them? They do camber/caster, and claim that you can adjust them with a ratchet without jacking up your car.

They are ~$300, a nice compromise between the mid-range and high end plates you posted above.

Does anyone know about advantages/disadvantages of this setup?

Comment

GC is now shipping their "Spec E30" camber plates. Mine came in this week and they certainly look nice (like the usual GC product). If the weather holds I may get them, the H&R Race springs, and Bilsteins on this weekend.
                              The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
                              Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

i picked up the IE camber plates from Patrick @ BMA for about $238 plus s&h ..still haven't gotten around to install...
                                --Hayden--
                                '87 325 coupe- Trak Rat
                                www.G2IC.com

Comment

Working...
                                X