Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have any of you track stars seen these yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have any of you track stars seen these yet?

I just saw the ad for these in the back of last month's European Car, and was wondering if any of you track guys had seen or had any experience with them yet? I was thinking that if they're a decent product, they might be worth getting for auto-x season this year.

They go on the shoulder-strap of your seat belt, and all you do is pull on the shoulder belt, and it tightens the lap belt down and keeps it at the tension you pull it to.

They've been around for a while. Never had one but from what I hear they are the next best thing to a full harness if you don't want to go that route.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

jesus dude welcome to like 5+ years ago ;) supposedly they are decent for AutoX but I would NOT trust something like that on the street or track / at speed.
      Sold my Sepang Bronze 1990 325is and miss it already

Comment

That's just what I'm getting at, though. I want them for auto-X.

Comment

Originally posted by dmoffitt View Post
          I would NOT trust something like that on the street or track / at speed.
          Why not? What bad could happen in a high speed crash using that thing? I don't see that being any less safe than without it...

-Erik

Comment

Originally posted by erik325i View Post
            Why not? What bad could happen in a high speed crash using that thing? I don't see that being any less safe than without it...

-Erik
            I think the point of his post was to say that these are NOT a substitute for a proper roll bar/cage and harnesses.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Carufel View Post
              I think the point of his post was to say that these are NOT a substitute for a proper roll bar/cage and harnesses.
              Ohh, well that's a given.

The point of this item is to hold the seatbelt tighter. Nowhere did anyone say it is supposed to be safer for you.

It just sounded like dmoffit was saying that these are less safe than without them in a high speed scenario.

-Erik

Comment

Originally posted by dmoffitt View Post
                jesus dude welcome to like 5+ years ago ;)
                yeah man, like old news. I've been doritio-ing with that shit to keep me straight even when sideways for years...

for real. dang. get with the program. $42 shipped

Comment

christmas gifts for my autox buddies!!! order placed

Comment

They work great if your in a car without much support. Rode in a 99 Cobra with RA-1's on the track and with that locked down the stock horrible seats worked great to hold me in.

Comment

Got one. Its nice. It is not a safety device in any way, but it locks the belt tighter so you dont have to use your knees to brace your sliding body in turns . . .

apexperformance.net has the best prices and free shipping IIRC.
                      Current Cars
                      2014 M235i
                      2009 R56 Cooper S
                      1998 M3
                      1997 M3

Comment

Originally posted by DaveCN View Post
                        Got one. Its nice. It is not a safety device in any way, but it locks the belt tighter so you dont have to use your knees to brace your sliding body in turns . . .

apexperformance.net has the best prices and free shipping IIRC.
                        apexperformance.net also has a 12% off promo until the end of the year!

clipped from bfc

Apex Performance is offering a 12% discount on all items online (with the exception of HANS devices & Accessories, ATE brake fluids & G-Force products).

This special ends 12/31/05 - order online and use
                        PROMO CODE: APEX-XMAS-05
                        for 12% off your order of $50 or more.

Happy Holidays from Apex Performance LLC, Premier Racing Outfitters!

Comment

Sweet, thanks for all the reviews and info, that's exactly what I was looking for.

Comment

I love mine, even though I don't race. Yet. For any sort of spirited driving it just keeps you a little more where you're supposed to be.
                            '89 325is S50 Track Montser
                            '04 X5 Daily/Tow Vehicle

http://www.avarestoration.com

http://www.myspace.com/brendanfiddle

Click here if you want to be my zombie slave...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Fidhle007

Comment

I've had one for almost a year now.. I love it! at first it was a bit wierd, but once I got used to it I would never go back. now I can's stand riding in other people's cars, I always feel like I'm going to fall out of the seat.
                              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                              X