Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Porsche track day at PIR

Great time out there with them.

I can't wait to get the M50 out there but I had to run the Acura for now. It's fairly well set up anyways.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I love when they can't get away easily till the straight.....

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

This person was very nice but should really have had an instructor in the car.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

wow I wish my car was sorted enough for track duty.. today was a great day for driving...

Comment

I T R?
      Trevor Ely
      '95 M Sport 540i - '00 A4 1.8TQMS - '85 190E 2.3-16
      '88 535is - '87 325e - '89 325is - '91 318is - '90 325is - '96 328is

Comment

GSR...i wish.....:shock:

Stock motor Most of the bolt on parts.
        Koni yellows
        GC coilovers 500 rear, 450 front
        22mm LS front sway
        14mm stock sway (most people don't believe me) although I do own a 19mm ST bar, 22mm ITR bar and a 23mm JDM ITR bar
        A032R's soft 205 50 15
        Last edited by joshh; 12-17-2006, 11:42 PM.
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Hey Mot, I'm pretty sure you can pay to take rides. I know it's not the same but taking rides with faster guys gives you a much clearer idea of what the input does to the car. And the limits. That was the biggest difference for me anyways.
          You should come out this year.
          And you don't need much to have a really good time. Stock suspension is fine....no I'm not kidding.

Comment

booooooooo i'm too poor to even pay to ride with fast guys, looks like fun though

Comment

Originally posted by tonytony View Post
              booooooooo i'm too poor to even pay to ride with fast guys, looks like fun though
              Give me your S50 and you can have rides for the rest of your life.

Not that I'm the guy you want to learn from. I'm sure Lance could pick my driving to pieces.

It's pretty damn cheap actually. $125.00 for the day. They said 4 sessions but we had a chance to actually do 5.
              Last edited by joshh; 12-18-2006, 01:02 AM.

Comment

s50 i wish!!!!! non vanos m50, but it's still fun. i'm a cheapO, i dont even like paying 4.89 for a taco bell chicken stuff fajita hahaha. so is it 125bucks to take classes and drive or just to ride with someone?

Comment

$125.00 for everything.
                  If you sign up as a novice (you need to if you haven't been on track before of course), you ask for an instructor or click to have an instructor on the online sign up form.
                  When you get there (early) you have your car teched to make sure it's safe. NOT a big deal as long as you take care of the car. Then there is a drivers meeting and they hold back all of the novices and pair you up with an instructor. After a couple sessions with the instructor you (with his approval depending on the club) can do a session by yourself. If you can have an instructor for the whole day it's really a good idea as long as he's actually helping you out and not confusing you (which is very rare). And that's really it.
                  They explain everything at the meeting. There are a few simple flags you should get to know but that's easy. Otherwise just listen to the instructor do what he/she says.
                  A good instructor will give you a couple things to work on with your driving then move onto a couple more so you don't get overwhelmed.
                  It's good fun.

I don't know how I got the idea you had an S50....non Vanos for me as well. Like I give a flying F*&%. It's an M50 and I got it cheap.

Comment

alright so 125 doesn't sound as bad anymore, and maybe you were thinking of curt he's planning an s50

Comment

Ah. Maybe.

We're actually pretty fotunate because many other tracks and clubs charge more than we pay up here. A track day at Thunderhill is $225.00 for one day and I've seen them as high as 350 for 2 days. It includes food and water but really I don't care much about that.
                      So 125 is a very good price!

When you decide to go let me know and I'll help you out.

Comment

I got my dad all signed up with the lotus club a while back. He had a blast, I plan on getting my e30 onto the track as much as possible. Its not even close to stock tho.

Comment

Great, I'll post the schedule and you guys tell me when you want to go and I'll meet you there. We wont be in the run group but you guys will.

Comment

$125 a day is dirt cheap.

As for the rest of you who want to go out - read the "So you want to attend a Track Day" thread, and then get your car safe and up to tech. No big mods needed!
                            Current Cars
                            2014 M235i
                            2009 R56 Cooper S
                            1998 M3
                            1997 M3

Comment

Originally posted by DaveCN View Post
                              $125 a day is dirt cheap.

As for the rest of you who want to go out - read the "So you want to attend a Track Day" thread, and then get your car safe and up to tech. No big mods needed!
                              I read that last night, damn good write up.

Comment

Working...
                              X