Porsche track day at PIR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joshh View Post

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

This person was very nice but should really have had an instructor in the car.
    What was that guy doing? Whoever runs that event needs to do a better job. No way that guy should have been signed off - clearly needed to be in a novice group with an instructor.
    Current Cars
    2014 M235i
    2009 R56 Cooper S
    1998 M3
    1997 M3

Comment

Originally posted by DaveCN View Post
      What was that guy doing? Whoever runs that event needs to do a better job. No way that guy should have been signed off - clearly needed to be in a novice group with an instructor.
      Well I should have said something to one of the organizers. These guys don't usually mess around with these issues. . That wasn't all of it....lol. At the end of the front straight she almost lost it again and had to roll into the run off area at the festival curves. She was very nice. I approached her in the pits and just got to talking with her for a minute. She basicly lacks confidence. So based on that I didn't want to get into it. And yes they should not have signed her off but this club is usually very good about that stuff.
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Was this done with the PCA? I want to get down to try PIR this summer, supposed to be a fun track and it looks very nice.

Comment

PCA it was. The track is a good flowing track.
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

PIR flows really nicely imo, I had a blast in the roadster, I cant wait to get my e30 out there..

Comment

When was that? Between Jen and I we made every PCA (except the second day of nationals) and ACA day last year, plus Lotus, Corvette and Shelby (booooooo) plus two at PR and 3 days at SRP.
              Green 328 with most of the interior gone. Jen is an instructor and I run in intermediate.

To all - spectating and rides are free, just bring an approved helmet. I have about 25 days in and Jen has 140, so if you have any questions......

Keith

Comment

Well here is a link to the pictures of the day.
                Billions of happy photos, millions of passionate customers. Gorgeous online photo albums. Protect your priceless memories. Buy beautiful prints & gifts.

I'll have to look through there to see if I remember you. I have a bad memory....
                27th Oct.

Edit: I don't see a green 328 in the pictures but I don't think he got a shot of everyone out there either. You two get around though geez. ;)
                Last edited by joshh; 12-19-2006, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Josh-
                  Looks like we missed two PCA events - we were in Spokane at the time, Jen driving and me working corners.
                  Look for us next year.

Keith

Comment

Will do. I'm trying to do a full season this year.

Comment

Joshh, do you have a link to the schedule for these track days? id love to see it so i can figure out when i can get out there. looking on the PIR website I cant find anything about open track days so if you could help me out that would be great.

Im shocked at how many people in this thread are local to me. Horray for Portland!!!

How much time do you get on the track?

Comment

Track days PIR 2007:
                        3/24 Alfa
                        3/27 PCA
                        4/3 Lotus
                        4/5 BMW
                        5/7 BMW
                        5/8 Gran Prix
                        5/24 PCA
                        5/25 Lotus
                        6/22 Tri Club
                        6/26 Shelby Club ( NNOOOOOO)
                        7/6,7,8 Portland Historics (About 40 BMW's in the coral last year)
                        7/30 Corvette
                        8/2 Gran Prix
                        8/3 BMW
                        8/30 Team Continental
                        8/31 Lotus

3 to 6 15 - 25 minute sessions.

Keith

Comment

Thanks Keith,

It looks like each day has a car make next to it, does this mean that each day is limited to a specific make of cars? I have a friend in a Toyota who would love to get on the track, but since there are no Toyota days does this mean he is out of luck?

Comment

I know that the BMW, Porsche and Audi clubs allow any car to run as long as it passes the tech inspection. Some require a club membership that costs around 35.00 for the year.
                            I'm not sure about the other clubs.

Keith is a track WHORE...at least it sounds like it. ;)
                            I've missed most track days for autocrossing, but that will be different this year.
                            Last edited by joshh; 12-30-2006, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Thanks Josh, I hope to get out there later in the year. I know that if i do its going to be a ton of fun.

Comment

Track WHORE? I love it! My wife has done a lot more days than me, so that makes her a track a, umm, er, ohh, that sounds bad.
                                Anything to do with the track. I have worked corners at PR, SRP and PIR (Tons of fun), gone to a bunch of races including camping out for three days at the ALMS race, and crewing during the 8 hour enduro (the Green Dot Pro3)
                                Now I am taking a perfectly crappy e30, re-doing the suspension, getting rid of all excess weight and will drive as many events as possible. Hopefully by the time I'm 40 (year and a half) it and I will be ready to race.

Keith

Comment

Working...
                                X