Fun time coming soon . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fun time coming soon . . .

I got my "new" roll bar today. Planning on installing it some time next week. Unexpectedly, it came complete with some nice SFI rated padding. I was about to order a whole bunch thinking I needed it, but BONUS, I don't!

Seats are on their way as well.

Harnesses are next on the shopping list.

Cant wait until Spring and I can start beating this hooptie like it wants to be beaten.
    Current Cars
    2014 M235i
    2009 R56 Cooper S
    1998 M3
    1997 M3

Originally posted by DaveCN View Post
    I got my "new" roll bar today. Planning on installing it some time next week. Unexpectedly, it came complete with some nice SFI rated padding. I was about to order a whole bunch thinking I needed it, but BONUS, I don't!

Seats are on their way as well.

Harnesses are next on the shopping list.

Cant wait until Spring and I can start beating this hooptie like it wants to be beaten.
    Sweet safety goodies. :up:

Comment

You don't need a roll bar when you drive Miss Daisey around the track and autocross courses. ..................:mrgreen:

Cool, I've needed one for away to damned long.
      Last edited by joshh; 12-24-2006, 12:56 AM.
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

That's cold, real cold...
        The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
        Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

I'm glad you liked it!

I vote for the G-force Camlock 6-point pull downs. They are FIA rated and thus good for 5 years vs. 2 for the SFI rated belts.

I want to say they are around $130 each?

JP
          sigpic
          DE's are a tease.
          Build a racecar.

Comment

Dave, I had to go to the guy across the street (new Explorer Sport Trac man) and borrow a 17mm socket/ratchet from him to take one of my seats out. And we ripped my backseat trying to get it out the first time but oh well lol. Glad you like the bar. We can thank JP for giving you a deal on that ;)

Will
            RIP e30 (brilliantrot '91 325i) 11/17/06 Byebye: 8/21/07
            Welcome e30 (brilliantrot '90 325is) 12/23/06
            DaveCN = Old Man
            My signature picture was taken by ME! Not by anyone else!

Originally posted by george graves
            If people keep quoting me in their sig, I'm going to burn this motherfucker down.

Comment

Will - many thanks to ya! Sorry about your seat!

JP, I am looking long and hard at G-Force harnesses. Can't go wrong with their quality at those prices. I didn't realize they were FIA rated. That'd be good in case I decided to step things up in a year or two. ;-)
              Last edited by Dave; 12-24-2006, 08:17 AM.
              Current Cars
              2014 M235i
              2009 R56 Cooper S
              1998 M3
              1997 M3

Comment

Ditto on the G-force harnesses, I've got there 6-point latch/link ones in my car and love them.
                85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

WHAT!!!1!1!!

Those seats were so nice! Sorry about that Will.

Dave - just keep in mind, only the camlock pull-down six points are FIA rated. I would even make sure that you state you are looking for the FIA rating when you order them. I went through Apex Performance, ask for Linda, she's great.

JP
                  sigpic
                  DE's are a tease.
                  Build a racecar.

Comment

According to the G-Force site only the G-Force Pro 6 (GF-7001) and Pro 5 (GF-7000) that's been FIA approved. Most of the other harnesses are made with the same webbing & similar hardware and are SFI rated, but it sounds like they only submitted the GF-7000 & 7001 for approval. It would be nice to have a G-Force pull-up 6-point cam-lock FIA rated. But at only $135 each, replacement of the SFI rated ones every two years isn't too onerous.
                    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
                    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

i like schroth. you pay a little more but they are sweet. talk to jay or joe over at hms, they will hook you up sideways. (hibrid-ii's for MAD CHEAP, they were leftovers, but still had two years left in them).

i just got a pair of sabelt 6 pts for the pass side, havent had time to install them but they are very nice as well. remember, the biggest thing is mounting them.
                      sigpic

Comment

dave, two things.

prep the bar really well and paint it with a high quality paint.

buy all new hardware. i went grade 10.5 with all new nylocks. it was only like $10, but well worth it imo.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by e30sd View Post
                          dave, two things.

prep the bar really well and paint it with a high quality paint.

buy all new hardware. i went grade 10.5 with all new nylocks. it was only like $10, but well worth it imo.
                          Absolutely getting new hardware. Looks like JP used good stuff when he installed, but its nylock and I won't re-use those. I have to look the paint over - looks like the black paint on it is in nice shape, but I might hit it up Sterling Silver to match the car as I have some of that in the garage.
                          Current Cars
                          2014 M235i
                          2009 R56 Cooper S
                          1998 M3
                          1997 M3

Comment

fuh raze doritio daily driver? or do you have another car?

what seats do you have?

TTIWWP!!

Comment

Working...
                            X