No announcement yet.

My project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone have a picture of an e30 with estoril paint that's not an m3? I'm very intrigued.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoJ's View Post
      Does anyone have a picture of an e30 with estoril paint that's not an m3? I'm very intrigued.
      In the many years on E30.de and here, I have not. In fact I don't recall Estoril on any E30 other than that one...someone chime in with a picture...
      Reminiscing...

Comment

Originally posted by TwoJ's View Post
        Theres a fairly new member from Canada that has a Estorilish color on his non-M .
        His car is also blinged out with a body kit and eBay accesories though.

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

Well, I've found one non M and a m3 as well. It's a DB car, so I can't get the picture too well, but it works.

And here there is some pictures of an OG's m3:

Azevedo Motorsports is one of the area's best known body and motor shops and has been in business for over a decade. Our specialty is exotic cars. We also service cars from all over the nation and even have clients from other countries. We have built numerous exotic cars which have been featured in many magazines, car shows, video games and movies; ie: (The Fast and the Furious, Gran Turismo 5, Performance BMW, Performance VW, Euro Tuner, European Car, Street Tuner, Performance Auto, and Sound and Rides). Here at Azevedo Motorsports we strive to be the best and build the best and take the utmost pride in every detail associated with our clients cars.

Comment

Anyone else have a suggestion for a unique color that's not too loud? No techno violet or dakar. I considered byzanz, but I think it only looks good when there's direct light on it.

I'm also wondering what I should do with my is lip and the rear rocker panels. I'm definetly not painting my car black, so I'm curious if I should do a body colored lip and paint the whole rear rocker, or if I should do black lip and paint the bottom of the rocker panels like factory. Keep in mind that I have iS side skirts, so they will be body colored for sure.

Did that make any sense?

And I've made some progress tonight, just more block sanding. I'm going to go back out and do some more, so I'll post up some more pics later tonight.

Comment

I'm gonna try and dig up that Canadian Estoril .

Oh and that Azevedo LSB M3 belongs to a member on here now .

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

Not much to report here. I got more sanding done yesterday, but it's a slow process. I'm going to look at a predator 4 wheeler in a bit, so I won't get much done today either.

But here's the trunk after I sanded the top of it. I used the block that's sitting on it. It's good to sand through the paint, because you can see very small imperfections. There's a small high spot on the driver's side of the trunk, and a couple low spots on the other side.

Also, here's the driver's door. Not much to look at, and I still need to finish sanding, but you can see where one small ding was fixed, and there is one on the lower part that needs to be sanded still.

Comment

Well holy shit, it's been a long time since I've updated this thread. Shit has been busy with work and school, so progress has been somewhat slow. We primed it for a first time a while ago, blocked the whole car and saw some things that needed a bit of attention. Today we laid the second bit of primer. We only primed over some of the spots that we thought necessary, the bumpers and the side skirts. Now we've just got to do a final block job and clean the shit out of the car and booth and it should be ready for paint.

If you are wondering about the plastic monstrosity in the garage, see here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...ighlight=booth

Here are some pictures for a few minutes ago:

From the front. You can see the specific areas that were shot today.

From the driveway.

The high tech mounts for spraying the skirts. The other one is on the other side.

Other pieces of the skirts. More high-techness.

And finally the bumpers.

Now I've got to get some work done. I've got an hours worth of audio to transcribe and it's due at 7:30 tomorrow morning.

Comment

Edit: Read through the thread.

Have you decided on color?

My vote is for Byzanz.

Comment

Yeah, I've decided that I'm just going to stay with schwarz. Byzanz really only looks good when it's in certain light. It's a bit too loud for me. Also, I'm tired of this thing not being done and I don't want to take the time to pull the engine and spray the bay, the trunk and the door jambs.

Plus I really just like black cars. If the paint is in good condition, it's clean and well polished you really can't beat it. This car will be a fair weather car only, so I don't anticipate it being dirty all that much.

The light is at the end of the tunnel. I just can't wait for it to be done.

Comment

Byzanz is cool, but it's a color I'd hate to see everyday and get tired of.
                        - Trey

E90 325i/6 (ZSP, ZPP, ZCW)
                        E36 325i sedan
                        E30 325i sedan
                        Volvo 945T

Comment

Diamandschwarz at least?

Comment

Well I'd still have to go through the same process. I couldn't deal with the clashing colors. Besides, now that I've seen quite a few DS cars, I'm not a huge fan of the car. It kind of looks purplish in the sun, and I just want a straight black.

Comment

Well this project has dragged on for far too fucking long. School has been out for a week, and I am finally busting ass to get it done. I've sprayed the is side skirts, techI spoiler, is lip and bumpers. The first time we sprayed them there was a small problem with dust settling on the paint even though I really thought I had the "booth" clean. The problem areas were sanded, and will be repainted.

Here is the car as it sits now:

It is being sprayed tomorrow. I've got the fan pushing air through right now, so I'm hoping all of the potential dust is gone. Also, I took out the plastic floor. The small amount of vacuum that was being pulled was enough to pull the plastic on the floor up about a foot, and any dust that was on it was being kicked up. I've had the fan on, and been blowing out the booth constantly for a while now, and I will continue to do that later. The dust problem should be gone.

I just have to do some more taping, and wipe it down a couple of times with silicone wax and grease remover. I am very excited to spray this thing -- it's been too long.

In case you care, here's a couple of things I've learned:

1. Body work sucks amazingly bad. I hate sanding. I hate sanding. I don't even want to know how many hours I've got just in sanding on this thing.
                              2. If you do decide to do body work, take your time and it will be okay. You will have to re-do some things, but it is worth it so it comes out good. Keep shit clean, and when you're ready to spray make sure things are clean.
                              3. Get good at cleaning.
                              4. Body work isn't for me. Mechanical shit is more fun to do.

Comment

And here is a picture of the other pieces. They are sitting in my empty front room for storage at the moment. Also there is the gun we're using. It's an Iwada, and I'm not sure of the exact model. It sprays very nicely though.

Comment

Working...
                                X