WanganStyle Built Differential

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WanganStyle Built Differential

Most of you guys should know Haoming, aka Wanganstyle..e30 diff guru.

Heres his site, though hes probably more easily reached via PM through the forum

Wanganstyle Global, Fremont, California. 812 likes · 8 talking about this · 4 were here. Full service only motorsports application for differential and gearbox by appointment only All items are...

I needed to replace the failing stock diff in my drift car, after some talking we went with a 60% lockup 4 clutch setup using metal matrix clutches. He was very quick to respond to my thousands of questions, and emailed me an invoice with all the pertinent info about what was going into the differential. Basically you tell him what you will be doing with the car and he will recommend a setup, also you can choose what gear ratio you would like, he has many available.

The diff is built to order so it did take a few weeks, during which Haoming updated me on what was going on, and when the eta for completion was. I had the choice of either sending my diff in and having that built, or him charging a core fee and using one he has. I opted for the core fee, as shipping from NY to Cali would have been expensive and i could easily just sell my diff to make up for the cost.

This is how the diff will arrive at your door. Im not sure if it will come with a stock cover unles specified, i simply told Haoming i was looking for a z3m cover anyways so would not require one. Also you will need to pop off your old flanges (5 seconds with a flat head screwdriver) again im sure if you needed flanges they could be provided.

As you can see it comes nicely cleaned and painted.

In terms of performance...night and day from the stock diff. This thing is simply phenomenal. Car easily get sideways, transitions are snappy, and i no longer have to fight with the car. Definitely worth the upgrade.
    -Build http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=295277

I will definitely hold Haoming as a close contact. He has answered my many Torsten vs Clutch question an seems incredibly knowledgable. When it comes time or my upgrade, I will definitely be in touch.

That work looks top-notch :up:

Comment

It Def is!

Here's a horrible video of me drifting with the new diff... It's only my second time out there and I've got some learning to do. Fun never the less.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Comment

He built me a 4 clutch diff for my m30b35 swap to replace the worn out 3.46 on the car, shaved seconds in autocross and stopped spinning inside rear.
        Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Just ordered a 210mm diff with E39M5 LSD for my M3 S85 car..3.62 E46M3 R&P. Excited to get it..
          We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
          www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by blunttech View Post
            Just ordered a 210mm diff with E39M5 LSD for my M3 S85 car..3.62 E46M3 R&P. Excited to get it..
            Oh Blunt you're gonna love his rear.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by FLG View Post
              Oh Blunt you're gonna love his rear.

Im sure your right but your rear will always have a special place in my heart..

Hes been very patient and helpful though. Diffs arent my expertise and he helped me select ratio etc etc. The bonus is it will add a few Lbs to the rear of the car to help negate the extra heft of the S85
              We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
              www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

I know its made to spec, but what price range are we talking about here? I'd just like to know the ballpark figure before I contact the man and back off because its $1000. =)

Comment

^If you have to ask, you likely will be backing off.

Comment

Originally posted by crappycoco View Post
                    I know its made to spec, but what price range are we talking about here? I'd just like to know the ballpark figure before I contact the man and back off because its $1000. =)
                    most on r3v won't like the quote :)

I supply local bay area shops Edge Motorworks and German Auto Sport; full service professional differential support and supply.

Wanganstyle differential units are campaigned globally by privateers and shops;

Out of the few full race LSD manufactures I am one of the few that will warranty replace products used in motorsports.
                    Last edited by Wanganstyle; 05-13-2014, 09:07 AM.
                    OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                      ^If you have to ask, you likely will be backing off.
                      All I'm gonna say is you get what you pay for. I imagine a stock built diff could be had for less then 1k, not a purpose built one.

And also you can't beat Haomings warranty. Not just dealing with some large company that dosnt really care.

Comment

I was talking to him today. I need a custom built 3.91 small case LSD for my 1974 M2.
                        I've seen his work personally before, and he is for sure the guy to go to with all of your differential needs. He knows his stuff.
                        -Ryan
                        05/87 Henna M3
                        04/71 Baikal 2002tii

Comment

Haoming is an awesome guy, I always enjoy our chats. He is enormously educated in the specialty of differentials, which most people don't want to share their knowledge on. He can help you out on almost anything imaginable, and I couldn't recommend a better person to go to for your LSD needs.

Glad we have him in the community, if he ever leaves... never mind not even going to think about it.
                          Current_SeeDee 1972 e10 Luna 1975 e10
                          Past___Veronica 1994 e36 Le-Ah 1987 e30

Comment

Working...
                          X