No announcement yet.

Mishimoto Radiators - STAY AWAY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Justin, will you sell me one of the leaky ones? Even this one with the shitty fitting, I will just weld an elbow on, I am OK with that.

Let me know!

Luke

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

If I remember right my
      E36 one was the same way. I just used a flat head to push the hose and clamps on it worked fine. Plus it's extra assurance if your hose clamp fails the hose will never blow off haha

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
      1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
      Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
      Mtech 2 turbo restoration
      Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
        If I remember right my
        E36 one was the same way. I just used a flat head to push the hose and clamps on it worked fine. Plus it's extra assurance if your hose clamp fails the hose will never blow off haha

No, as I've said a few times now, the Z3M and e36 radiators are totally different. The space on the e36 radiators is close, but nowhere near as close as this. The fittings are also not the same material. The fitting on the new Z3M radiator is brittle cast aluminum. Mine snapped in half with the slightest amount of pressure.

If I could just push the hose on with a screwdriver I would have done it...
        85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
        e30 restoration and V8 swap
        24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

That's some bs

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
          1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
          Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
          Mtech 2 turbo restoration
          Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Broken nipple, bottom half of threads missing:

This is what the internal 1/16" NPT 'threads' in the radiator look like from the factory. You can also see the marks on the radiator from screwdrivers, picks and various other tools I used to try to force the hose on

Comment

I would put the old leaky radiator and add the stop leak powder stuff and see what happens. Mine survived several track days and daily use w/o problems.
              Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

Jgood - you have point. The design was changed so they should make good on it. I would just take the replacement and sell it for a down pmnt on a custom rad.

On different note I ordered a clone 3 row from eBay and it had the exact same flaw. I forced it in there and so far so good.
                sigpic
                323i MTEC1
                Z3 coupe
                E60 M5

Comment

Yeah, this is why I just went with the MZ3 radiator. I've yet to see any convincing reason to go with one of the aftermarket aluminum ones. They cost more, they are, at best, no more reliable, and the OE radiators are *very* reliable as long as you accept that they just need to be replaced every 80-100k.
                  2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD LBZ/Allison
                  2002 BMW M3 Alpinweiß/Black
                  1999 323i GTS2 Alpinweiß
                  1995 M3 Dakargelb/Black
                  - S50B32/S6S420G/3.91
                  1990 325is Brilliantrot/Tan
                  1989 M3 Alpinweiß/Black

Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo Black/Black
                  Hers: 1988 325iX Coupe Diamantschwartz/Black 5spd

sigpic

Comment

Oem are great but when you have weather like here in Florida it just won't cut it. Then add AC and you have even further cooling problem. Got to remember these motors are not cooling in the engine bay like they were originally intended too. The airflow is not the same.
                    sigpic
                    323i MTEC1
                    Z3 coupe
                    E60 M5

Comment

Justin, while I can't comment on the three core radiator... I've had my E36 one for over 4 years now. Leak free.

We've sold tons of the E36 ones without any issues. I guess this is a design flaw within the three core radiator that they offer. Having said that, we do know of other customers that have had no trouble replacing their faulty radiators.
                      IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Originally posted by dude8383 View Post
                        Justin, while I can't comment on the three core radiator... I've had my E36 one for over 4 years now. Leak free.

We've sold tons of the E36 ones without any issues. I guess this is a design flaw within the three core radiator that they offer. Having said that, we do know of other customers that have had no trouble replacing their faulty radiators.
                        Yep, like I said, getting a replacement radiator has been trouble free. They're unmatched in that regard. Even though my first 2 radiators failed after 1yr/10k miles, I was still a supporter of the company, and recommended that particular radiator to others. It was only when they were unable to provide me with a usable replacement, that it became an issue.

Comment

Has anyone attempted to put an electric fan that pushes more air than the normal SPAL electric fans to see if the cooling gets better?

Maybe a smaller radiator with a bigger (RPM ) fan?

Ford made some pretty badass electric fans for the early to mid 90s Taurus, thunderbird and Lincoln Mark VIII.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk
                          sigpic
                          Rebuilding since 07/06/2016

Poorboyz Parts For Sale - Updated 01/20/17 - Will be updated soon - Have many parts to post

Poorboyz Feedback Thread

Comment

IMO these radiators are all hype. yeah, they're aluminum - but at double the cost (or more) of stock, it would take you 15+ years to get that investment back. whether it's aluminum or plastic it won't last forever. with them being in china, good luck forcing them to honor a lifetime warranty.
                            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

cross posting this from your build thread:

Originally posted by dirty30 View Post
                              I'm right there with you on this one. In my 11+ years in BMW forums and other car stuff I have probably once written an unfavorable review of a product. There is a theory in customer service that states you either give the customer everything they ask for or nothing at all. Making an offer to a customer without totally fulfilling their request or denying it altogether, however generous it may be, still doesn't fix the issue. You asked for a new radiator because it has clearly been manufactured incorrectly and they countered it with store credit. Even if you took their offer they end up shelling out money to a customer that in the end is still upset with the product or service being offered. Makes no sense to me and makes even less sense when their claim to fame is basically a no questions asked warranty!

Comment

Will they reimburse you for the repair to the old one (if you still have it ) & honor the warranty still.

I have repaired and modified ALOT of aftermarket aluminium radiators to fit into different applications. I know that is not the idea situation, but just a thought. All you need to do is flush and clean it with ZEPALUM before you start welding it and it should be good to go.

I wish you were local, I would just have you bring it over.
                                seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Working...
                                X