• Show
Clear All

Loving it man, keep on pluggin

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
    (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

^ thanks buddy

another super interesting update

so there are a few different ways of doing yellow fog lights.

1 Yellow bulbs. Just buy some yellow H3 or whatever bulbs on amazon. The bulb itself has a yellow coating

2. Yellow reflectors. This is when the shiny reflector part has a metallic yellow tint.

3. Yellow lamin-x over clear lens

4. Yellow lenses..which I haven't done yet

So I've done 1 and 3 in the past. I can't comment on 4. But today I came across a set of rectangular yellow fog lights at harbor freight for $13 (which are #2) and I couldn't pass them up. And they're better than the $20 set at autozone! The lens fluting is a bit better and there is a metal reflector in front of the bulb that deflects the light back onto the yellow reflector, subsequently sending light beams through more of the lens.

TL ; DR spend less money get better lighting.

Anyway here's some pictures. I have the mod that lets me turn on my fogs independent from headlights because I'm a G

If you're looking for yellow. As in the light you see on what is reflected. IE you're looking down the road with your headlights on, then you turn them off and turn your yellow fogs on. If you're looking at the light that's reflect back up at you, and you want to notice a substantial difference in yellow tint, then you want #3. If you don't care what tint is reflected back at you, then #1 and #2 are the same and are fairly accurately depicted in the pictures. Also check out the rest of my thread. But if you want a light that looks yellow when you are outside of your car looking at it because it's badass af, then it doesn't matter.

Here is just my headlights (depo projectors)

Headlights + HF fogs

Just fogs (I have the fogs aimed to be spread so there is a slight dead spot in between)

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

"somewhere in UT" I actually know where that is. It appears to be driving through Price Canyon. It's a nice drive. The photos of Iowa, Ohio and Nebraska made me lol.

Comment

I wanted to get this pic while I was here. And it's halloween!

Comment

They used to have an AMAZING haunted house at the Mystery House, seriously it was awesome. I really wish they would bring it back.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
            Transaction feedback
            - jpod999

Comment

I swapped out my brake master cylinder today.

For the past year or so the brake pedal would go to the floor sometimes on a hot day. I wasn't losing brake fluid so I thought there was air in my ABS system or an old brake hose or just old fluid so I've redone pretty much all of that. A couple days ago after a drive through the mountains I pushed the pedal all the way to the ground. After that it didn't seem to work as well - the pedal would go to the floor more consistently. The next morning it went to the floor just sitting in the driveway with no back pressure from the braking system.

I'd read that the seals inside the master cylinder can become weak but still function most of the time. I'd also read that they develop a "memory" over time where they wear into the bore of the piston and when you push the pedal past those wear points the seals will fail entirely. This is what happened so I ordered a reman part from autozone and a couple days later I was at it.

What was misleading was that I also read that if your brake pedal is firm with the car off, the master is good. This wasn't the case with mine. I actually don't believe this to be true because when the car is off the booster isn't on to help pump the brake cylinder.

I'd never bench bled one of these before and it was always kind of a mystery to me. But it was fairly straightforward. The hard part was getting the rear brake fitting onto the cylinder while fluid oozed out and onto the ground.

I removed my airbox, intake boot, PS pump, and the vacuum lines that go to the booster (for room), then used a turkey baster to remove most of the fluid from the reservoir. While the master was still bolted to the booster, I cracked open the 11mm brake lines with a flare wrench. Then I removed to the two 13mm mounting nuts, and finally finished with loosening the brake lines all the way. The rear line was hard to turn pretty much all the way off. I had no room so I did the trick where you turn the wrench like 1/16 of a turn and flip it over to get it from the other angle, flip and repeat 100 times. But it finally came out.

I couldn't find a new reservoir for less than $70 and I needed this fast so I cleaned out the old one with brake cleaner and a bunch of q-tips. The rear compartment was easy to clean but on the front I had to bend each q-tip into a right angle and stick it in from the bottom hole (lol) and wipe it across. I used like 50 of these things to get all the dirt. After everything I rinsed it out with new brake fluid. I was able to get it mostly clean but the way the reservoir is designed there's no way to clean everything. But it's certainly better than it was.

So I put it together, bench bled it and put it back on the car. Most of the fluid ended up on the floor while I wrestled with the rear brake fitting but not enough that I had to take it out and re bleed it. I was expecting to have to bleed the brakes from the wheels but the pedal was nice and firm right away. There is a little travel before it becomes hard but I'll mess with that later - I ran out of brake fluid.

It took about two hours. This project was the first time I've been able to use a ratcheting wrench on the car; normally there's no room to fit the larger box end that ratcheting wrenches tend to have.

Comment

so today I drove from San Jose, CA to Phoenix AZ.

My GPS setup. GTA style

The drive didn't get good until after LA. This sign was pretty funny

I think my mirror is too dirty to get this shot to work right

But this was pretty cool. This was on I-10 east as the sun was setting over the mountains

Fun fact those lights in the distance are a prison. Don't pick up hitchikers!

I took a lot of videos and may try to put some on youtube or something

Comment

the flaps are back...

completing the trifecta

next...calypso soft top! (maybe)

actually I need to find cardinal door cards/seat backs (for an early model convt)

Comment

Loving it

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
                    (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

Id say just do Cardinal inserts on the panels. And yes, cardinal top will put it...ehh...over the top!

COTM

Comment

Where did you get the interior done? I looked through your thread quick and just saw it was done?

Comment

Originally posted by rcsoundn1 View Post
                          Where did you get the interior done? I looked through your thread quick and just saw it was done?
                          I didn't put it in my thread but there is a thread in the interior section of this forum. I had it done by ninestitch last year. The guy does it by himself and there was a waiting list. It took 4 months for him to get to my order and produce it but it was worth the wait.

Last edited by Das Delfin; 11-24-2016, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X