Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ya ummm... Ya cant beat FREE brah! (Warning VW Content Inside)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ya ummm... Ya cant beat FREE brah! (Warning VW Content Inside)

Craigslist surfing is all I do now since I'm outta work. Looking for the next deal, scam, post of someone who is just sick of the innerwebz.
    Came across a NICE little find today; an 84 Rabbit GTI

Yeah Free! 249k on original everything! Engine is TOAST though. It's ugly as hell, but it RUNs if you believe that, and drives, and STOPS!
    The PO blew a hose, overheated the engine, tried to change the head gasket and forgot to torque the head bolts and never adjusted the valves, but at least he got the timing right. So the car runs but the engine is fucked I think. All sorts of coolant in the oil! LOLz
    And the battery is dead, started on a jump but wont hold a charge. Reg hasn't been done since 05. This may just end up a non-op track car. No way I'm paying those back registration fees.
    These things are soooo damn fun to race though! Once I get it home I'm taking the presure washer too it and then it's awn like Donkey Kong! WOOT!~

Here, pics speak louder then TYPE.

Despite the horrible cell phone pics the body is in decent shape. Some rust on the hood and bad paint job on the bumpers is chipping off.

See the oxidation on the hatch and the flaking paint on the bumper.

This guy was a CHAIN smoker too, and he didnt even bother to use the ash tray! He just flicked all the ashes right on to the floor by the e-brake. There is an ash pile there like an inch thick. Wait till I get pics you’ll be like WTF!!!

I think its missing one of the origninal rims; there is a pizza cutter spare on the front drivers side. Lets hope its in the trunk!
    /me keeps fingers crossed.

Engine bay looks WAAAAAY worse then it is. And there must have been alllllll sorts of animals living in the engine bay, cats mainly. The smell of cat piss is unmistakable! Not to mention all the paw prints on the window.

MOCHA anyone? Is the engine oil supposed to be that color???? LOL!!!
    On the dipstick here you can see the oil has been thoroughly mixed with the coolant to produce what can only be described as SLUDGE. It wouldn’t even drip off the dipstick.

Oh and I saw this driving home and was like

GAWD!!! I love California!

-------------------------------------------------------------
    DAMN ESTOY USANDO EL INTERNET!!!

HAhahhaa yoru crazy playa.

Comment

Originally posted by Drmoussaka View Post
      HAhahhaa yoru crazy playa.
      x100000000
      clutchCTRL!
      Move with a purpose.
      - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
      - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
      - 2000 323i AT
      2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

What a pile! lol
        Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Horray for rescuing another from the clutches of cash-fer-clunkers! I have fond memories of all the MkI's we had when I was a kid (we had five, including one GTI). Once you get that thing running right, it'll last you forever.

1984 Hennarot 325e - 1990 Brillantrot M3 - 1938 Buick Special Business Coupe

Comment

woah at the camry! That shit has two mufflers welded to each other?
            harry/harout

Comment

Originally posted by bmw325csi View Post
              woah at the camry! That shit has two mufflers welded to each other?

Yeah! Thats what I said. First I was serious, then I lol'd.
              He actually PAID to have that done if you believe that!

P.S. My brother in law, works in the service department for Porsche, and he joked tonight about the fact that he has a Porsche 977 engine at his work that is "Extra" (misorder or whatever and its not going back so its "Scrap" apparently). And I said Lets throw it in there! LOL, how nice would that be???

--------------------------------------------------------------------
              DAMN COFFEE CANS!!!

Comment

You CAN beat free.... You could have gotten paid to take the car lol. Put something nasty under the hood please!!

Comment

I just started trolling a few of the VW forums for info on this MK1....

Are all VW "enthusiasts" freakin whacked outta thier minds? I mean if you are an E30 nut and pwn a VW then at least you have some sence of normalcy so you are excluded from my previous statement. But I mean cmon...

---------------------------------------------------------------
                  DAMN LOLZ!!!
                  Last edited by ikkitousen; 08-02-2009, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X