innovate lc1 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

innovate lc1 question

Installed my lc1 according to numerous appropriat suggestions on this forum. Jumped the relay etc.
    Led installed correctly...

When ignition is powered, the led does its blinking thing fpr avout 15 seconds then goes full solid. At this point o2 heater gets the sensor nice and hot. Air calibration appears to work as it should, but I noticed something strange with the guage.

After ingition is powered the guage sweeps as it should and sits at 0. The led blinks as it should and as soon as it goes solid, the guage jumps to full rich, and the engine isnt even running? This doesnt seem like a normal situation.

I havent configured anything with my computer yet because i cant get my serial adapter to work with win 7. But still.. why would it shoot to full rich with the engine off?

Mine shows full lean with the engine off and ignition switch on. Is it a digital one? Or led array?
    Originally posted by Andy.B
    Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
    1987 325iS m30b34 Muscle car (Engine electrical phase)
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    I was born on 3/25…
    ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Ether-D View Post
      Mine shows full lean with the engine off and ignition switch on. Is it a digital one? Or led array?
      Its actually a sweeping needle dial. Im guessing alittle older style than the led. Display style. I totally mixed myself up like an asshat!!. The Needle first sweeps, then goes over to about 24(? im not at the shop right now to verify, but its as far as it will allow). Which obviously if i had paid attention means Thats Full LEAN. GOD that's a troubled mistake. Makes sense now. So its working as it should?? and im just a retard I guess. non running engine, but comepletely running sensor SHOULD read purely o2 correct? (displaying fully lean condition)
      Last edited by imwhyteyo; 05-23-2014, 09:26 PM.

Comment

unless full lean in this situation is also not functioning correctly either, then i have not a clue what to do about it. im currently trying to get the correct driver to make my serial adapters work so i can actually get the damn program functioning correctly. anybody have any luck getting a semi-older serial adapter to work with windows 7 64bit?
        Last edited by imwhyteyo; 05-23-2014, 09:26 PM.

Comment

I had this issue. When I called innovate they suggested using a common ground and to be sure the LC-1 wiring and controller are no where near ignition coils or wires. I moved the controller away from my coil pack and it began to read correctly. Might be something similar.

M42 turbo build.
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=301330

Comment

Working...
          X