E30 Progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 Progress

This is my official thread to document the progress of my 1991 318is. Feel free to give your thoughts, ideas, recommendations, good or bad.

Here are pics of the car as it was when i first bought it. Note the terrible interior and everything painted blue. ugh.

Last edited by iamsam; 01-09-2009, 09:40 PM.

repainting trim

I began repainting the exterior trim black. Here are some before and after pics.

before:

after:

Comment

off to a great start

what are your plans

-
      Project
      Parts for Sale
      Feedback
      YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by iwantspeed View Post
        off to a great start

what are your plans
        1st thing: swap out the super loud fart can muffler for a stock one or a cheap mild modified one.

2nd: a front iS valence lip and a new rear spoiler lip, remove blue pin stripes

3rd: Bilstien Sport shocks and H&R Race springs

4th: new tan or black interior
        Last edited by iamsam; 11-03-2008, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Semi-update

Guess what dudes and dudettes! I just now sold my wife's Audi (she will be commandeering my E36) and that means i can finally drive my E30!!! i can't wait to go to MVA and get tags. Finally there will be some progress in this thread.

The progress, however, will be slow as i am a poor college student who is married and has a job and has no extra time to even sleep, but this thread will stay updated!

As soon as i get the tags i will throw some pics up, there has been slight progress even so, I removed all blue pinstripes and took the dent out of the front lower valence. But things will now pick up a bit, i assure you.

Comment

Did the p/o ditch the sport seats? Looks like a cool project. Maybe add S14/M50 swap to your list?
            "Life is hard...it's a lot harder if you're stupid."

Tom
            72 2002
            87 327i
            88 525i
            88 535i
            03 530i

Comment

I think he did ditch the original seats. I have no idea why. He said he got new seats and painted them blue. (ugh)

And you are so reading my mind, an M50 swap is definitely on the list. I actually have a complete E36 donor car waiting. The swap will probably take place after i graduate college in two more years or so.

Comment

You didn't like all of the "tasteful" blue accents? It seems like with every e30, you have to undo all of the hacky shit done by POs before you can even start doing what you want to the car.

The car has a lot of potential.
                Matt

sigpic

Comment

I liked the orange fog! ;)
                  '89 "is" = M technic II build mode.

sigpic

Comment

alpinaclone:
                    yeah there is alot of tacky things on this car. Take a look at the interior for instance. I will eventually just buy a complete tan or black interior off one of you guys here, and i will have to get a stock shift knob and pedals. And the speaker wiring is hilarious. The PO decided that he didn't feel like running the wire under the carpets and in the trim, so he just ran the wire under the floor mats instead! hilarious, yet it makes me cry.

vaporblade:
                    yeah i sold that orange fog light for like $50. just kidding. I am probably going to get delete plates from bavauto and paint them black along with the brake ducts, and it will look good with a black iS lip. Cheaper than getting new fogs for now, anyway.

Comment

I was just looking at an almost identical car up here...318is FTW...

Comment

Off to a good start. A few bits of tacky but it looks like youre getting that taken care of.

Stock pedals pads are dirt cheap IIRC

Fog deletes, Is/volvo lip? I think itd be sexy

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen027 View Post
                          Off to a good start. A few bits of tacky but it looks like youre getting that taken care of.

Stock pedals pads are dirt cheap IIRC

Fog deletes, Is/volvo lip? I think itd be sexy
                          why thank you. what's IIRC?

Comment

If i recall/remember correctly ..

sometimes read

Comment

Update!!!

Allrighty ladies and gents!! I finally got my E30 insured and tagged, and i washed it (for the first time) and took some snaps. You can all clearly see the things on this car that needs to be fixed.

Any thoughts, opinions, or ideas are welcomed!

The fart can rice-muffler

Comment

Working...
                              X