E30 Progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bump

i NEED a stock exhaust!! anyone within 2 hours of Baltimore area with a complete headers back stock exhaust, PM me!!!!

I tried replacing the fart can yesterday with a cherry bomb generic universal muffler, and it did quiet the car down quite a bit, but under a heavy load it produces a very loud and annoying rasp that reminds me very much of the slammed primered honda civics that i just want to run over with a cement truck. With a closer scrutiny of the exhaust system, i realized that the whole system from the headers back had been hopelessly hacked up, and the only way to resurrect it would be a complete stock system.

Comment

Update

I tried to get the exhaust to be a little quieter, it turned out to work, but overall a failure. The exhaust was quieter, but developed the most annoying rasp ever heard on earth, and besides what i rigged up looks like poop.

But no worries i am putting on a stock exhaust system i got from mattdk318i. Thanks, Matt!

pics of the exhaust rigging:

The fart can that was on there: (note the ghetto welding job)

Comment

I didn't even take a pic of the ghetto-rig, it looks so awful.

So anyway then a few days later i took off those (useless) spring clamps from the front springs. The car now doesn't bottom out at all, i can't believe why anyone would want to put spring clamps on in the first place. It boggles the mind.

With spring clamps on:

taking off the retarded spring clamps:

with spring clamps off: barely any height difference at all:

And just for reference, here is the hideous interior of mine as it is now:

blue painted seats. Anyone want blue seats? reeeal cheap!

Note the ghetto wiring for the speakers. That's right, let's not use stock wires, let's run our own, right under the floor mats!!

And the donor car for the new interior: a 1987 325e (hey i got it for free...)
        So i took out the cloth black and grey houndstooth seats, sorry didn't take pics of those yet, but here is the carpet that believe it or not is in better condition than the carpet in my 318.

So the next step from here is to deep clean that carpet while it is still in the 325e and then clean the houndstooth seats (which are in the basement at the moment) and then do the interior swap. More pics to come of that when it happens. (soon i hope)

Comment

What part of MD are you in? I feel like I saw your car in Olney recently but I could be wrong.

Looks like it needs a lot of love! Where did the sport seats go anyways? Anyways I hope you bring it back to life and shame about that horrible cut out for the exhaust...

Keep up the good work!
          Reminiscing...

Comment

Originally posted by M42Technik View Post
            What part of MD are you in? I feel like I saw your car in Olney recently but I could be wrong.

Looks like it needs a lot of love! Where did the sport seats go anyways? Anyways I hope you bring it back to life and shame about that horrible cut out for the exhaust...

Keep up the good work!

I live near Bel Air, but i go to school in Baltimore every day (UMBC) and i go up to Elkton alot too. If you saw my car, you must have also heard my car, because it sounds exactly like some primered lowered fart can Honda Civic.

I don't ever remember being in Olney...

This car does need love. The interior is a disaster and the exterior needs a new door and painted rocker panels. (all in due time) The sport seats were ditched by the previous owner, who for some unknown reason preferred these seats to be painted blue. "new" stock exhaust will be going in this weekend hopefully, it just arrived in the mail, i can't wait, and there will be pictures.

Comment

looks good man!

you and i are in similar boats.

best of luck!

Comment

Looks like you found a new car funding source under your seats!

Comment

Houndstooth are ugly. Wanna sell them :P

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
                  ~ John Adams ~

Comment

ooo! money!!!!

looks like a great start you got there...

Comment

looks good man!

you and i are in similar boats.

best of luck!
                      Thanks!!

Looks like you found a new car funding source under your seats!
                      ha ha yeah there's like ten bucks in this car, most of the coins you see are quarters.

Houndstooth are ugly. Wanna sell them :P
                      how much you offering? i'll sell you my blue painted seats real cheap...

ooo! money!!!!

looks like a great start you got there...
                      yes lots of money, there is even more under the back seat, i didn't take a pic of it though

Comment

looks like a project.

Just cleaning it up and putting a few things back to stock will make a big differnce.
                        Paint all that blue interior shit back to black

The drivers side if the car looks pretty presentable?

Have fun with it.

Hunter
                        We're out there in here.

Comment

Damn, that blue interior has got to go, but otherwise it looks promising!
                          '88 528e /// '88 M5 /// '89 951 /// '98 E430 /// '02 M5

Comment

Originally posted by BUDNUNTA View Post
                            looks like a project.

Just cleaning it up and putting a few things back to stock will make a big differnce.
                            Paint all that blue interior shit back to black

The drivers side if the car looks pretty presentable?

Have fun with it.

Hunter

That is precisely what i am doing. Alot of the blue dash parts i have already replaced from my parts car and it looks worlds better.

The driver's side is the good side, the passenger side needs a new door, the fender repainted (which was done by wal-mart rattle can by PO) and the rocker panels repainted all around.

Comment

Originally posted by euroshark View Post
                              Damn, that blue interior has got to go, but otherwise it looks promising!

The blue interior is definitely going.

Comment

post some pics when u get a chance.

Comment

Working...
                                X