Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

325i track project ...kinda slow updates sometimes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great project! I'll bet it is an absolute blast to drive. I might have missed this somewhere, but what type and weight oil are you running? With the engine staying cooler, you may be able to run a thinner oil to reduce motor drag and save a little power. Has your oil pressure been within spec?

Comment

Originally posted by mojorising View Post
      Great project! I'll bet it is an absolute blast to drive. I might have missed this somewhere, but what type and weight oil are you running? With the engine staying cooler, you may be able to run a thinner oil to reduce motor drag and save a little power. Has your oil pressure been within spec?
      It is a blast to drive and that is exactly what it has been built for

I use Castol 10W-60 oil at the moment and it has worked great for the summer. Last summer I had Shell Helix Ultra 5W-40 which my engine didn't like at all. Oil pressure didn't stay up and it just oozed out of every possible place, Total sh*t if you ask me...

Been drooling one of those crank-scrapers for my engine. Just haven't found any near Finland, probably will order from the states if postage isn't too expensive.
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X