No announcement yet.

New arrival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who's the tweaker? I think I saw him on an episode of COPS.

Comment

^ mad tweaksauce right there

Comment

lmao wow!

Comment

What attracted you to this car? Serious question. Especially to get it shipped across the country.

Originally posted by Ben Carufel View Post

Hilarious.

Comment

I don't understand what is so bad about wanting to save a car...?

Minimal rust is a huge plus in our area :-/

Besides from what I can "see" that car isn't that bad.

Comment

Originally posted by 550 View Post
              I don't understand what is so bad about wanting to save a car...?

Minimal rust is a huge plus in our area :-/

Besides from what I can "see" that car isn't that bad.
              so seriouslly can we get more pics of the tweaker..no joke.

Comment

Very nice, I've only had mine for a 3 months... and I'm on a similar quest. thanks you for making her respectable again and getting rid of the clown car color.

good luck!!!

Comment

Wooo! nutrof
                  I have only seen one other person use that sig before...

------------------------------------------------------------------
                  DAMN DARKAGEOFBORS!!!

Comment

where did you have the car shipped from?
                    Originally posted by Ferdinand
                    I carry a cheap pressure gauge in my glovebox with which to manually check my tire pressures, but I keep forgetting that in the USA glovebox space is sacred as it is reserved exclusively for the purpose of storing handguns.

DIVING BOARD DIVISION DIVISION IDIOT

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Carufel View Post
                      mind you, yes he does look like a hillbilly from TN, but in his defense, dennis knows his shit when it comes to e30s, and is probably one hell of a lot cooler than the guy making random cynical posts on the internet, to boost his self esteem lol

98 540 MSport
                      89 325 ix

Comment

Originally posted by ikkitousen View Post
                        Wooo! nutrof
                        I have only seen one other person use that sig before...

------------------------------------------------------------------
                        DAMN DARKAGEOFBORS!!!
                        Dude, thats me!!! the raccoon!!

Comment

Originally posted by Greekstyles View Post
                          so seriouslly can we get more pics of the tweaker..no joke.
                          he is in the back of this one if you look closely.

Comment

subject = his car, not me

Originally posted by constructor View Post
                            he is in the back of this one if you look closely.

lolz thats my skinny ass..(unfortunately i inherited very high metabolism) i assure you that im in no way a drug user, shoot i dont even smoke, lol. (i get sick around cigarette smoke :( ) but anyways.. lets get back to topic since this thread is about his car not me...

you find any of the parts you needed to use ur godspeed radiator?

man it looks nice in there with the black and those tails are killer.

Originally posted by chadthestampede
                            I'm just wondering why you didn't drift out of harm's way.

Comment

jeez people really are losers. i dont think its to bad at all. totally thrasher that probly rails! right on diggin it

88' m3
                              91' 318is

Comment

Update!

heres an update for all of ya's following the build. the usual suspects (nfshot, truism) came up again this past weekend...and we pretty much fucked off all weekend long. You know, a bit of drinking, fucking around with cars, go find an abandoned parking lot to set up a course in and get kicked out by the cops kind of weekend. In the end it wasnt a loss though. went to the junkyard and picked up some various bits from a 740iL (gauge needles, speedo, strut tower covers, other misc. b.s.) alternator, p.s. pump, half a set of Volvo 740 turbo injectors (had four but one was junk), a perfect pair of chrome headlight trim and a bunch of other random small shit.
                                oh yeah, and a battery.
                                All of the electronics work perfectly, except for the headlights, for which i still have to wire in the ellipsoid connectors.

I have to say, for all the haters, all in all, this was not nearly as bad a car to setup as everybody predicted. ;)

having said that, got the motor mounts yesterday, and went ahead and installed them, as well as the alternator. now my oil pan doesnt sit 2 inches off the ground!! instead, it sits four. while i had the car up in the air i decided to remount the FMIC, since it was sagging on one side and sat off to the pass side. I ended up reworking all of the intercooler piping after i got it remounted. the end result is less piping and bs, and no more 180 degree bend off of the turbo.

Started the fab for the shifter yesterday too. yes, it is modified at the topside, and yes it does provide a significant improvement in shifter throw and response. as soon as i can get access to a proper MIG welder again, i will be finishing with the bottom side of the shifter. up next is re-wrapping the shift boot. the interior is in surprisingly good condition, minus the san andreas fault in the dash, it was just really effin dirty. and needs a rear seat.

Also i decided to set off on an experiment. idk if this has been done before but i thought id give it a try just for kicks.
                                740il gauge needles + 160MPH 740 speedo face + E30 Gaugeset = Awesomeness
                                It is a PITA to modify everything though. but the end result is awesome.
                                its not complete yet, because the tach needle got lost somewhere, and i screwed up one of the short gauge needles while drilling it, so i need to go back for more. here are the pics, enjoy. :D

Close up of speedo (excuse the cuts for the odo. was not final finish on them)

Comparison: As you can see, the 740 gauges (speedo and temp) are subtle from directly ahead

Mondo oil cooler mounted up

FMIC recentered, and that stupid grille mesh removed

And for the record, I FUCKING LOVE THESE CARS!!! They are like legos, but way fucking better. you can interchange shit from completely different bmws, and cars ten years ahead and the shit bolts right up! by far one of the easiest and coolest cars to work on/modify.

Heres a picture of the short shifter, and also a teaser pic. :D

98 540 MSport
                                89 325 ix

Comment

Working...
                                X