X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mr.dvck View Post
    question...

are the vdo and motometer speedos the same aside from the plastic gears?
    ie can i stick all my vdo gears into a motometer speedo and have it read accurately?
    Nope....I'm running just the drive gear in my moto and it's worked so far..but the other gears won't fly.

Nigel, let me help you help me
    1989 325is / 2.7, 274 cam, e30 M3 5-lug
    1989 LN106 Hilux / 3.0TD SFA
    1974 2002tii / stock
    2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

no, im talking swapping ALL the gears, drive, and then the five plastic ones, i would
      assume this works if the coils do the same rates. right?
      sigpic

Comment

no, im talking swapping ALL the gears, drive, and then the five plastic ones, i would
        assume this works if the coils do the same rates. right?
        Never thought of this...i think it would be easier to swap a vdo speedo into your cluster...it works
        1974 2002tii / stock
        2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

hahahaha, yea me too, but i want to avoid a trip to the yard right now and HUNT for one.
          Got one from Nigel last night, but its Moto, i think it should work, idk.
          sigpic

Comment

hahahaha, yea me too, but i want to avoid a trip to the yard right now and HUNT for one.
            Got one from Nigel last night, but its Moto, i think it should work, idk.
            I would say use my drive gear, and pick the 2 best big gears from the motos, clean them well, and put them in. just my .02
            1974 2002tii / stock
            2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

Check engine light at idle, lunges between 500-800. Jerky response. What's up?
              1974 2002tii / stock
              2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

dinanm3

Comment

Originally posted by e30huh View Post
                  dinanm3
                  @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

Originally posted by mkcman17 View Post
                      Check engine light at idle, lunges between 500-800. Jerky response. What's up?
                      What's the code?
                      Check TPS.
                      -Kalim

British Racing Green, IE Springs/Bilsteins, IE exhaust, IE SSK,
                      Momo shift knob, Miller MAF conversion, K&N intake,
                      Blackworks Aluminum Radiator, 5MT swapped,
                      Ellipsoids w/DDM HIDs, OEM Recaro Sports, Momo Mod07 Wheel,
                      Drilled+Slotted Rotors, Alpine HU/Amp/speakers, 12" enclosed sub

Comment

Vacuum leak somewhere?

So in other news, after I crunched my car I had to drop my other car off for a clutch job. Then the transfer case in my truck exploded. So I went from 3 cars to none in about 36 hours
                        sigpic
                        -Sean : 91 Calypso 325i : Castro Motorsports SoCal Spec E30 #33

Comment

Originally posted by cyberkaa View Post
                          What's the code?
                          Check TPS.
                          How do I go about that?

Also just saw a late model lacs ix sedan in a very bad neighborhood with a sketched driver. Hope it's not anyone's here, it was super clean.
                          1974 2002tii / stock
                          2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

Hey chavos!
                            Anyone have a 4.10small case open diff laying around? I need to buy one to take it apart

Comment

Originally posted by priapism View Post
                              Vacuum leak somewhere?

So in other news, after I crunched my car I had to drop my other car off for a clutch job. Then the transfer case in my truck exploded. So I went from 3 cars to none in about 36 hours
                              Holy crap, lol.
                              When it rains, it pours.
                              -Kalim

Comment

Originally posted by mkcman17 View Post
                                How do I go about that?

Also just saw a late model lacs ix sedan in a very bad neighborhood with a sketched driver. Hope it's not anyone's here, it was super clean.
                                Do the stomp test to get the code.
                                You can check the TPS with a multimeter or test light. Pull the plug from under the TB. You'll see 3 pins on the connector on the TB side. With the throttle plate closed, it should register as closed circuit on the right 2 pins and open on the left 2. Then moving away just slightly, you should have open circuit on pins 1-2 and pins 2-3. Then at WOT, closed on the left pair of pins, open circuit on the right.
                                -Kalim

Comment

Working...
                                X