No announcement yet.

ACS Mono Wiper Fabrication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Jim. I'll get the Dremel out and tinker soon. Got a connection now for a welder.

I need this in before the M30. That linkage was the biggest PITA.
    ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

what you mean with pin?
      I didnt punched the pin.. just cut it between center shaft and pin ( that attached to plastic linkage )
      what I did was same as yours, lengthen it 10mm.
      and cut the driver side wiper arm shaft
      so, it remain 3 places to hold this linkage.. center, driver and wiper motor...
      I didnt cut and shortened passenger cowl...
      [ETA - E30 Adapters] 5 Lug kit with e46m3 front and e46 325/328i rear brake setup
      ---------------------------------------------------------------
      [ETA - E30 Adapters] - 5 Lug kit | DTM Shifter | DSSR
      ---------------------------------------------------------------
      Transaction Feedback

Comment

anybody interested in selling their ACS Mono wiper kit. Please
        [1991, E-30 325i, 5-Speed, M20, Brillantrot] [1998, B5 Passat 1.8t] [2007, R6 Yamaha] [2011, Tundra 5.7]

Comment

The whole idea is you can make your own via modifying the wiper linkage.

Trying to find the wiper with the miniwiper, now, is a search you need to commit to.

Comment

Originally posted by TimeMachinE30 View Post

Trying to find the wiper with the miniwiper, now, is a search you need to commit to.
            True that!

Cheers

Jim
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IronmanE30 View Post
              True that!

Cheers

Jim
              If he interested in buying a ACS mono wiper kit for $600+++
              Projects Hartge,Alpina & AC Schnitzer Builds.http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=280601
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=227993
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=289362

DSC04926 by Raul Salinas, on FlickrDSC03413 by Raul Salinas, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by e30m3s54turbo View Post
                Thanks for your post Raul.

This man knows what he is talking about and helped me a lot with the project. When I built the prototype I had a few members ask to have one built but they were not serious enough to pay for the parts and labor. I could build them but the cost is what it is and most don't want to invest that much money into the windshield wiper for their cars.

Cheers,

Jim
                sigpic

Comment

I know but, was hoping someone had one just sitting around and wanted to sell, had to try,

but overall very good info.
                  [1991, E-30 325i, 5-Speed, M20, Brillantrot] [1998, B5 Passat 1.8t] [2007, R6 Yamaha] [2011, Tundra 5.7]

Comment

Originally posted by IronmanE30 View Post
                    Thanks for your post Raul.

This man knows what he is talking about and helped me a lot with the project. When I built the prototype I had a few members ask to have one built but they were not serious enough to pay for the parts and labor. I could build them but the cost is what it is and most don't want to invest that much money into the windshield wiper for their cars.

Cheers,

Jim
                    This was a great write up , full of detailed information and photos, Great Job.
                    :bow:

Comment

Originally posted by e30m3s54turbo View Post
                      You are selling the wiper linkage and wiper arm!?!?!?!?

Buddy who did the fab work on mine said it would be very easy to do a few of these linkage modifications. If folks are interested, I will let him know.. gather up a few linkages and he could do necessary mods. Won't solve the arm issue but you don't neeeeeeed the wiper with mini-wiper.

Comment

Originally posted by TURBOX View Post
                        I know but, was hoping someone had one just sitting around and wanted to sell, had to try,

but overall very good info.
                        Someone just sold a BNIB one for $50 on craigslist in West Palm, FL by us.

'73 2002 m20 turbo [sold] '87 rat rod 325is [couch modded] '91 vert [daily] '88 325is [spec build v1] '84 325 [spec build v2] '99 323i vert [sold]

Comment

Originally posted by AbsorbantNut View Post
                          Someone just sold a BNIB one for $50 on craigslist in West Palm, FL by us.
                          hehehehe;)

Comment

If you got one BNIB for ~$50, that is a steal of a deal.

Comment

If you got one BNIB for ~$50, that is a steal of a deal.
                              Agreed

'73 2002 m20 turbo [sold] '87 rat rod 325is [couch modded] '91 vert [daily] '88 325is [spec build v1] '84 325 [spec build v2] '99 323i vert [sold]

Comment

Ok Insatlled AkG mono wiper,:D

looks great, :D
                                BUTT its NOT full a 180 sweep , :rippedoff:
                                lots of work to install something that look the same as stock minus the driver side wiper arm and mount .
                                and i still need to do sum fabricating to get my full 180 sweep
                                But looks :coolphoto:;D

AKG Mono Wiper top vs Stock bottom

AKG Mono Wiper Linkage top oem bottom compare

AKG Mono Wiper linkage installed no moto

AKG Mono Wiper center park foam

sweep not 180 with AKG monowiper insatlled

dry center parked (with eyebrows)
                                Last edited by TURBOX; 07-08-2016, 02:04 PM. Reason: installed it

Comment

Working...
                                X