1990 e30 325I LS1 swap thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What he said ^^

I'm guessing you're going with LS6 springs?
    Alpine White 1989 E30 Coupe - LS1/T56

Comment

Originally posted by Q8y_drifter View Post
      What he said ^^

I'm guessing you're going with LS6 springs?

Not sure what the springs are but they came with the heads that have had a good deal of work done to them. They are pretty stout though. Not going for big power on this one right now. Just trying to get the swap working for now. This one will be a daily driver. I have 90 vette that's in line for a Ls swap when this one is done. I can always go for more power down the road if I need it though.

Comment

Got some parts in today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Damn that's pretty

Comment

I love Sikky parts!

How do you know those plugs will fit? Are they made to clear the headers or someone recommend them?
            My Garage
            09 Mini Cooper S (Daily)
            09 E92 335i Msport
            09 E70 X5 4.8
            88 325es - Build Thread - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=383423
            87 325i m50 swap
            87 325es

Comment

Originally posted by shiboujin View Post
              If you wanna see mine, I'm just outside of DC on the virginia side. By GMU
              I would love to see your build one day soon.. I'm in Roanoke, Va! :D:D
              My Garage
              09 Mini Cooper S (Daily)
              09 E92 335i Msport
              09 E70 X5 4.8
              88 325es - Build Thread - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=383423
              87 325i m50 swap
              87 325es

Comment

I see Sikky shortened those header collectors. Yours should be a bit easier to fit and fab an exhaust for.
                Alpine White 1989 E30 Coupe - LS1/T56

Comment

I see Sikky shortened those header collectors. Yours should be a bit easier to fit and fab an exhaust for.
                  They are now making them in-house which is apparently why they are getting it done right now. Before they were drop-shipped from GA
                  My Garage
                  09 Mini Cooper S (Daily)
                  09 E92 335i Msport
                  09 E70 X5 4.8
                  87 325i m50 swap
                  87 325es

Comment

Originally posted by E30Whore View Post
                    I love Sikky parts!

How do you know those plugs will fit? Are they made to clear the headers or someone recommend them?

Not sure if the will but they were literally only used to crank a motor once and I got them for free.....so I took a chance on them!! Lol. I got a set of these heat shield products wire boots to protect them

Comment

I was worried about the clearance after seeing what you went through so I checked with them when I ordered.....they said I should be good with the new changes

Comment

Looks great. I will need to cut custom wires because the runners are at a weird angle, no matter what set I get, I'll melt two or three wires because the rest on the header.. Sounds like a silly problem but still a problem lol

My Garage
                        09 Mini Cooper S (Daily)
                        09 E92 335i Msport
                        09 E70 X5 4.8
                        87 325i m50 swap
                        87 325es

Comment

Originally posted by E30Whore View Post
                          Looks great. I will need to cut custom wires because the runners are at a weird angle, no matter what set I get, I'll melt two or three wires because the rest on the header.. Sounds like a silly problem but still a problem lol

Well supposedly that's what these are good for. They are much longer than the stock protective shield and they can be bent to form. I will put some pics up tomorrow to show you the length

Comment

Ok thanks. Good luck!

My Garage
                            09 Mini Cooper S (Daily)
                            09 E92 335i Msport
                            09 E70 X5 4.8
                            87 325i m50 swap
                            87 325es

Comment

Originally posted by shiboujin View Post
                              Very unique color. The motor will look great in there :).

Caaan you do me a favor? Can you take a few pix of the whole kit with all the parts? I want to verify that/if it comes with everything I think it comes with. Like clutch line and quick bleed kit.

Just got it in and I believe it has the clutch line and bleeder line you are referring to

Comment

Got the brake booster eliminator kit in yesterday
                                Also got the power steering reservoir

Comment

Working...
                                X