Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paint - CA Bay Area

Hi Guys,

I remember years back seeing that someone did re-sprays of E30's etc. I think it might have been in Fremont, but I could be misremembering.

Anyway, does anyone know someone (or a shop) like that? I'm looking for a respray on my roof (what really needs help) but wouldn't mind doing the roof, hood, and trunk. My car is Schwartz.

I also have a dent from a shopping cart on my driver door that I would like to have repaired. My budget is flexible, but I'm not looking for a concours quality thing - not yet at least. I'm also a detailer so I could potentially clean it up after the fact as long as the prep and paint/clearcoat was applied pretty well.

Thank you!

paging Oliver.
    past:
    1989 325is (learner shitbox)
    1986 325e (turbo dorito)
    1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
    1985 323i baur
    current:
    1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

LOliver at Sunnyvale Maaco. He does good work.
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks guys, what kind of result can I expect? Also, how do I get in touch with him?

Comment

i pinged him with your thread on facebook.

Eric (Cabriolet) can give you first-hand testimony.
          past:
          1989 325is (learner shitbox)
          1986 325e (turbo dorito)
          1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
          1985 323i baur
          current:
          1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Thank you. I also found him on here and sent him a message. I hope it works out.

Comment

Bummer, he has yet to get back to me.

Comment

The respray guy was Not Oliver, that was JesseStacks and his paint jobs look like a 2 year old and a coloring book. Oliver is the manager of Maaco Sunnyvale. He did my car 4.5 years ago and the paint still looks amazing. It's cheap for bay area prices but not cheap compared to e30 owner. https://www.maaco.com/locations/ca/sunnyvale-12107/
                Much wow
                I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by benihana242 View Post
                  My car is Schwartz.
                  Schwarz:

Schwartz:

Originally posted by kronus
                  would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
                    The respray guy was Not Oliver, that was JesseStacks and his paint jobs look like a 2 year old and a coloring book. Oliver is the manager of Maaco Sunnyvale. He did my car 4.5 years ago and the paint still looks amazing. It's cheap for bay area prices but not cheap compared to e30 owner. https://www.maaco.com/locations/ca/sunnyvale-12107/
                    Yep, it was JesseStacks shop that had the special. I had my e30 done at his shop in San Leandro and some work on one of my e39's at his shop in Concord. In both cases Jesse was not the person that did the work, it was someone else in his shop. The e30 turn out not so well. On the other hand, the e39 turned out gorgeous. Not sure what happened with him or his shop since then.
                    1988 325 non-letter Seta "Bronzit"
                    1991 325ic "Laguna Green" (Sold)
                    1993 325i "Laguna Green/Silver" (Sold)
                    1998 528i "Artic Silver" m-sport(totalled by drunk driver)
                    2000 528i Titansilber/gray m-sport
                    2000 528i Titansilber/black m-sport(sold)
                    2001 525i Anthracite m-sport(sold)
                    2013 750i Black/Black m-sport "Beast"

Comment

Thanks guys. I'm not looking to be cheap. Anyone know an excellent quality shop in the area as well? I figure I should get some quotes.

Comment

I wish I read this.. I tried to contact Oliver but he never responded, and I went the cheap route and...............asdjkalksdjlakjd

Comment

Thanks guys. I'm not looking to be cheap. Anyone know an excellent quality shop in the area as well? I figure I should get some quotes.
                          What is your budget? There is cheap that is less than 5k. Moderate 5-10k. Then there is Concours paint jobs which are 16-30k

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
                          Much wow
                          I hate 4 doors

Comment

I went to Chabot Collision in Castro Valley, which does great work and front/rear bumpers/valance and side mirrors was quoted around ~$2300. I just didn't want to pay that for a few pieces to be super nice and will probably get a full paint job in a few years.

Comment

What is your budget? There is cheap that is less than 5k. Moderate 5-10k. Then there is Concours paint jobs which are 16-30k

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
                              Not really any kind of firm budget - I am back and forth on how I want to do it - but would eventually like to have a super nice paint job.

At the moment my paint is decent - but I have some clear coat peel on my roof - and a dent from a shopping cart on my driver door. I am also looking to get a new IS spoiler painted.

Long term I want to do an S5X swap - and feel like - maybe I should get the roof and the spoiler painted now and do the super sweet paint job later. It's one of those cars that has sentimental value - and I plan on keeping it and slowly making it better and better.

Comment

Working...
                              X