Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Door chime + speed limit warning chime not working. Looking for information on this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Door chime + speed limit warning chime not working. Looking for information on this

I've read maybe 10+ threads now of people asking for legitament help on this but only having replies of "lellz that's so annoying I ripped it out!"

Have a 1990 convertible with the 13 button OBC

Can someone explain how to connect it properly to engage the chime feature for the speed limit warning and the door gong? I understand you may think it is annoying but I'm just looking for information here. Any wiring diagrams perhaps?

I have two chime units and both don't work so I'm assuming it's the wiring. I saw one person mention there should be two connectors hooked up into the gong unit itself? I'm only seeing one on mine. Any information would be great. Thanks.

And yes. I'm expecting some troll posts...but please please please give me some information along with the sass my dudes!!!!

Yes, there are two connectors that go to the chime. I believe one is for the door ajar warning and one is for the OBC low temp/MPH limit. The chime units can also go bad over time.
    "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
    88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
    91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

ETM is where you will find your answers. Not all gongs have two inputs, mine for example only has the 3 pin connector input. I think one input is for the door, the other input is for seatbelt warning. So if your car doesn't have a seatbelt warning light (which mine doesn't), then it has a single connector gong.

Comment

Working...
      X