No announcement yet.

FS/FT: Price Drop 13,000 1975 BMW 2002 M42 swapped, Restomod with Working AC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS/FT: Price Drop 13,000 1975 BMW 2002 M42 swapped, Restomod with Working AC

SOLD

This is not a desperate for cash sale, I simply need to move on and pass this almost finished project to someone who will finish it and enjoy it more.

The highlights:

1975 (no smog for you CA residents)
    Original Socal car still carries CA blue plates.

-Original Polaris, 1.5 year old paint job shines great, proper engine out, glass out stripped down to bare bones paint job.

-Full suspension rehab, everything was bought from IE and no money was spared on parts.

-Bilstiens Sports with cut IE stage2 springs, + stage 2 sway bars. All bushings ball joints etc.. were replaced

-All new weather stripping all around, door seals, front and back windshield, rear popup windows, trunk seal .

-e21 Recaros in mint condition, were in storage since mid eighties, replaced webbing with new kit from ardvark and the seats feel like new.

-M42 Engine swap, done professionally by a local shop here in Socal Castro's motorsport, it was done using JakeB swap kit, the engine was pulled out of a babied 91 318is that had a little over 100K miles,

-All seals and gaskets were replaced,

-new water pump, thermostat, radiator, and SPAL 16" electric fan, new starter, and clutch slave cylinder.

-All new aluminum fuel lines

-New Walbro 255lph inline fuel pump

-2.5'' exhaust piping, with mid resonator and a high flow muffler

-All gauges work, we had to go with VDO electric gauges for the speedo and tach(both fit in stock location)

- New brakes in the rear(drums, pads, cylinders, etc..), and new pads upfront.

-IE stainless steel brake lines.

-Under-dash AC With all Brand New components, from condenser, compressor, fan, hoses and aftermarket evaporator unit. Engine temp does not cross 180 degrees in 95 degrees weather thanks to the 16'' fan and the 12'' Condenser fan.

- Brand new AEM Wideband AFR Gauge, AFR reads mid 14's all the time.

- VDO Temp gauge.

- 2.5'' full exhaust system, with mid resonator and rear muffler (not too loud), but exhaust can accommodate a future turbo.

What it needs to be completed:
    -Finish Dynamating, carpet, headliner, and the back seat reupholstered.

-Door cards vinyl is in great condition but backings need to be replaced.

- So all together about a $1000 and a couple weekends and you got yourself a resto-moded properly built 02 that will run RELIABLY for many years to come.

-No Money was spared building this 02 and you will not be able to build one for my asking price. I will gladly answer any questions you might have, my number is 818 703 2097

Asking $13,000 FIRM , Please note that unless you do 99% of the work yourself you will be hard pressed to replicate this setup for my asking price.

I will take as many pictures of every corner of the car if you're far away and need close ups, otherwise it would be wise to come by and inspect for yourself.

-No joy rides, no tire kicking.

-No I will not take your $5000 car + $1000 cash, get real and don't embarrass yourself.

-No I will not take a penny less than my asking price. Want it cheaper, then try building your own from scratch.

Test drives will be scheduled around my work schedule M-F 8-5 or on weekends. Willing to Trade for Completely Stock E30, or 4 door e36 M3 with cash on your end, Trade must be daily driver condition with Working AC/Heater Etc.. Not looking to trade for another project as my time does not accommodate having a project car right now.

Pictures can be seen in the Flickr album in the link below

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130033...7647433891593/
    Last edited by ma.jomaa; 03-28-2015, 11:46 AM. Reason: Price Drop

Beautiful. GLWS

Comment

Nice, I exchanged some PMs on this car a while back, and I was impressed with the car and seller. So tempted, especially if my DASC will fit under the hood.
      sigpic
      January 2012 COTM

Comment

Clean car

Comment

Originally posted by ethurtee View Post
          Beautiful. GLWS
          Thank you

Originally posted by robrez View Post
          Nice, I exchanged some PMs on this car a while back, and I was impressed with the car and seller. So tempted, especially if my DASC will fit under the hood.
          robrez you should jump on it while it's still here

Originally posted by Pottsalot View Post
          Clean car
          Thank you

Comment

Bump

Comment

Bumpppppp

Comment

Flickr Album link added with better bigger and more pictures.

Comment

Like a lot glws
                  NASA
                  BMWCCA member
                  PCA member 25yrs

1991 318IS slick top
                  1997 M3 sedan
                  2001 325CI DD

“whoever turns the wheel the least, wins"

Comment

nice, bet its really fun w that m42!
                    91 DS S52 Slicktop, 91 Calypso M42, 89 Royalblau M20, 84 Bahama Beige 323i, M535, Euro e24, ap1

www.RenownUSA.com
                    ig @RenownUSA / @rude.scott

Comment

Originally posted by e30s50dan View Post
                      Like a lot glws
                      Thank you.

Originally posted by animal View Post
                      nice, bet its really fun w that m42!
                      It's definitely a lot of fun, the M42 is such a good fit for an 02.

Comment

Bump

Comment

bump......

Comment

To the topppppppppp

Comment

Bump

Comment

Working...
                              X