M10 stumbles an dies on startup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M10 stumbles an dies on startup

So I replaced the external fuel pump, fuel lines, and the fuel pump relay thinking it would fix the problem. Car stumbles and dies on startup, won't hold idle. Funny thing is it's intermittent, as I test drove the car with zero issues after the new parts. Had to replace the battery due to the old one being bad. The car will occasionally hold idle and run fine until under load.

Car is getting fuel past the fuel filter, though I haven't been able to do a proper pressure test.

I'm starting to think it's the AFM. Car is a 1985 318i with L jet.
    1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
    You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

vacuum leaks?
    ICV? unplug while running, see if there are any changes. clean and/or replace as necessary.
    how's your cold start injector?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by glnr13 View Post
      vacuum leaks?
      ICV? unplug while running, see if there are any changes. clean and/or replace as necessary.
      how's your cold start injector?
      ICV is fairly new, year old maybe? Cold start injector is original. Had it out didn't look too dirty.
      1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Bump this up with some ideas. Vac lines? Afm? Would a bad o2 sensor cause this behavior? Bad DME?

It's intermittent so I'm thinking Vacuum lines are probably out, considering it runs perfect when it does run.

Comment

Working...
        X