Throttle body heater.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Throttle body heater.

Has anybody capped off the water line coming out of the head that goes to the throttle body heater plate? When removing the throttle body heater, most people run a hose from the head directly to the coolant pipe. Is there any reason, such as cooling the head, that would make capping the lines a bad idea?

I've had my throttle body heater hose bypassed for a couple years now and its not a problem. It would only be useful if you're in a cold enough area where the throttle body icing up is a concern. Otherwise it makes no difference.

Comment

You mention "bypassed".
      1) Did you cap the line at the fitting in the head and at the fitting on the plastic pipe or,
      2) Did you run a hose from the head direct to the plastic pipe?
      I was wondering if there would be an over heating problem if the line was capped off at the head.

Comment

I don't think that there would be a problem capping off both ends of the hose. I just ran a hose from the front of the head to the back.

Comment

I wanted to keep the coolant flowing through the hoses just in case there needed to be some flow for cooling reasons. I put in a brass 90* elbow at the hose ends and that just sits below the throttle body.

Comment

Working...
          X