Clear All

Thanks buddy
    '86 E30
    '05 E53 X5
    '72 Firebird
    '10 Prius
    '03 Tundra

Comment

np hope you get it the way you want w/out too much work ;)
      ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

So I'm think about getting a stock resonator out of like a truck with a 3" exhaust. I'd use the stock 7 series one i have but it's way to long to fit where it need's to go (right after the downpipes where it's still dual pipes.

I'm thinkin that an aftermarket one wont make large enough of a difference with 3" pipe. What do you guys think?
        '86 E30
        '05 E53 X5
        '72 Firebird
        '10 Prius
        '03 Tundra

Comment

dual pipes would probaly be the best like a 2 1/2.

www.gutenparts.com
          One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

I already have a full 3" single from the downpipes. Are you saying slit it towars the back?
            '86 E30
            '05 E53 X5
            '72 Firebird
            '10 Prius
            '03 Tundra

Comment

dual 2 1/2s would be louder would it not? Unless you're going to 2 mufflers.
              1985 325e 2.8 Turbo VEMS

Comment

it wouldnt be with two

www.gutenparts.com
                One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

i was running a MSDS headers into an aftermarket cat (which my big ole cam killed in 6 months) then into a "stroud" (something like that ) 2 1/4 cat back. with the empty cat i was getting a big time "fast and furious" sound. i was getting a rattle under the car that was killing me so when i found out the heat shield on the cat had 2 broken welds and was empty now, so off to checker (and several other places :() i went to find a muffler that was 2 inlets and 2 outlets no more than 22" overall length and 2 1/4" tubing. no one stocked anything that small so i went with 2 smooth bore "cherry bombs" in 2" that just fit at 23" overall length. HUGE DIFFERANCE!! it is soooo much quieter. it ran like crap, i re-tuned it, made more power, accelerated faster, and seem to be getting better mileage.

it is a little bit "buzzy" @ the top of 1st gear and a little into second, but fine after that.

that would be your low buck alternative. if you are handy with your fab skills, you could easily get a magna flow "aero chamber" (a super low restriction/almost straight through muffler) and make a new cat section/bypass and add it in. it will be quieter than the cat and can't burn out and will make more hp. in the mean time before you go through emissions fab up a cat section to go through emissions with then swap the muffler back in.
                  seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

i think i can shed light the best, i'm running 3" on my s52 swap, the original setup included: a 3" high flow vibrant cat-->3" borla xr series muffler-->3" vibrant street power turbo muffler...basically anything over 3K and u could hear me clearly in residentials over a block away and it was unbearable in the cabin after about 2 weeks of driving. so i took out the borla and placed a huge 24" magnaflow muffler (prolly meant for a v8 truck) that the shop had available in the middle and a lil further up...very noticable difference, its about 2/3 as loud at WOT but much better at cruising speeds, a lil drone on the freeway but other then that i love it, cleaned up the exhaust note and it sounds delicious...if u run a 3" flowmaster 4 chamber (make sure its not 2 chamber)muffler abt $70 at pepboys, in the middle after the cat it should quiet it down quite a bit...a glasspack will help but not as much as a decent size high flow muffler
                    Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

fuck you I' m druck biatch I'm dreiucnk
                      ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

biatcha

Comment

Working...
                        X