E30 m60 swap -pdf- now available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 m60 swap -pdf- now available

I’d like to introduce to you to a collection of concise, organized information exclusively related to swapping the M60/2 engine and its associated transmissions into the E30 model. All the information about this subject and more is located in one succinct arena in the form of a PDF document.

For those of you who haven't seen my M60 swapped E30, please see my video below:

This dissertation covers ALL aspects of the E30 M60 write-up. It includes, but is not limited to tools list, cost rollups, parts lists, step-by-step how-to’s, Q&A, troubleshooting and even suggested schedule snapshots for performing the swap.

This write-up was generated by myself; I’m an established R3V Member for over 7 years. I’m an avid E30 enthusiast with an engineering background, E30 Engine Swap background, but most importantly a proven ability to produce a coherent all-inclusive document as exemplified in my previously advertised M30 swap.

This swap and the tone of the write-up is geared toward the shadytree mechanic of who has limited (but at least basic) technical experience. Even the most novice of garage mechanics will understand and implement this swap given the right tools, will power, and patience.

This swap write-up has a plethora of figures, diagrams, schematics, tables, part numbers, schedules, pictures, screenshots. This is a professionally written document with hyperlinks, references, Table of Contents, Figures, and Tables. It is easy to follow and a pleasure to read.

So you don’t get your hopes up quite yet, here is what the swap write-up DOES NOT cover…

· …M60 Automatic Transmission installation/wiring (However, it does explain bypassing the switch if you’re doing a manual swap too)
    · …M62 OBD 1 conversion or M62 engine wiring
    · …S62 anything
    · …every single conceivable aspect and every avenue that one can take in performing this swap. There are many ways to solve a math problem. I did not cover every way to solve it, just the most important and obvious ones.

Again, for those of you who know me well, I generated a similar swap write-up for the E30M30 and have sold over 300 copies. Also, the E30 M30 Swap Rev D is available for download at the same website. It includes improvements to the document in the form of updated cost rollups, suggested implementation schedules. Just remember that this swap write-up covers how I performed the swap. I also added some additional avenues to perform some aspects of the swap, but did not go into as much detail as for the way that I performed it. For comparison of the M30 swap, please see below for the value that both swaps offer. For those of you who have the M30 swap write-up, the M60 is light years of improvement in writing style, documentation, detail, and elaborative step-by-step that almost anybody can understand.

If you do not prefer to purchase the write-up, feel free to go to my started threads and trace my progress of the M60 swap.

The M60 Swap today is the M30 swap of 10 years ago
    Last edited by Garageaholic; 03-26-2014, 07:31 PM.
    Recent Rebranding!!
    Visit Garageaholic for all of your E30 Swap Needs!
    E30 SM62/S62
    E30 M60 V8
    E30 M30 Big 6!

Check out this E36 N54 Swap Build
    Instagram.com/garageaholic
    Youtube.com/garageaholic

Damn!!!!!

Comment

Bump. Dont worry. I'm not going to bump this like crazy. Just wanted to get the initial feeler out there.
      Recent Rebranding!!
      E30 SM62/S62
      E30 M60 V8
      E30 M30 Big 6!

Youtube.com/garageaholic

Comment

Great work Frank!
        sigpic
        New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
        %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

Awesome!
          https://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar...re-irs.356333/

This Forum is built on love, and powered by Sexual Tension!

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Awesome to see this for others that want to follow. Top notch as always.
            ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
            ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
            ~ '87 535
            ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
            ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Frank , as usual great work. I've purchased your m30 guide years ago just to have, and I am going to do the same with m60 guide this friday ;)
              Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

I'm sensing a sudden increase m60 swapped e30s
                Zinno '89 <24v swap in progress>

Comment

Definitely getting this up around the time I go pick up my motor. Nice job Frank!

Comment

Again, I am available. R3V is available. I am already updating the write-up to incorporate clarifications based on reviews I've gotten thus far.

Let's make R3V the premier place that people go to do their e30 swaps!
                    Recent Rebranding!!
                    E30 SM62/S62
                    E30 M60 V8
                    E30 M30 Big 6!

Youtube.com/garageaholic

Comment

Assuming someone already has the ability to source an M60, a transmission and a car to put them in, what's the ballpark cost of the parts that are needed to complete this swap?
                      Originally posted by kronus
                      would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by ZM Blue Devil View Post
                        Great work Frank!
                        sigpic

Comment

That is the most common question I get, actually. It depends on 2 major factors:

1. 5 or 6 speed.
                          2. Do you have a complete donor car or are you looking to source parts individually?

That right there is a permutation of 4 different cost rollups ranging in cost from $1k to $4k, depending on how oem, and of course, reliable you want the car to be.

Also what quality of swap are you trying to achieve? Do you want AC?

But remember.... if you're really thrifty AND lucky, you can do it for a lot less.
                          Recent Rebranding!!
                          E30 SM62/S62
                          E30 M60 V8
                          E30 M30 Big 6!

Youtube.com/garageaholic

Comment

Thanks Frank - I still have a lot of the puzzle pieces to put together yet. I think this is great and I hope you sell a pile of them!
                            Originally posted by kronus
                            would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Thanks for the downloads, guys. Any and all feedback would be appreciated!
                              Recent Rebranding!!
                              E30 SM62/S62
                              E30 M60 V8
                              E30 M30 Big 6!

Youtube.com/garageaholic

Comment

Working...
                              X