Pacesetter Exhaust?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pacesetter Exhaust?

I am new to the e30 world and fresh out of the Volkswagen world. I have been searching for an affordable cat-back system for my 325is and I have come across the Pacesetter system. I remember the brand from my A1 GTI, but, that was 12 years ago. Anyone know if there are any gains from factory with this system? Thanks.
    1990 325is

I've actually never even heard of it. Where did you find it?
    - Sean Hayes

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Pacesetter is an old brand that probably isn't the best. I noticed that they had an e30 exhaust, so I thought I would ask. It's pretty affordable, but, it may as good as a factory exhaust for back pressure and so forth. Here's a link to their site: http://www.pacesetterexhaust.com/monza.htm

I know the general consensus would be to not buy it if you have doubts about the quality. I guess where I am having problems validating a supersprint or any other brand is the cost. It's basically a 1/4 of the value of the car to do it right. I am open to any affordable solutions.
      1990 325is

Comment

I put one on my car for the time being until I can afford my 3 inch custom exhaust. (When I bought the car, there was no muffler) Anyways, do not expect the system to last much longer than 3 years or so if you live in an area that gets snow, and they salt the roads. Surprisingly they sound pretty good, and do not look to bad once the crappy yellow inside the exhaust is covered in carbon deposits. Fit is, well not horrible, but not great either. The muffler is significantly smaller than stock so it does not fit in the stock hangers very well.

Beau
        1988 BMW 325iS

Comment

Thanks Beau B. I am just South of you in Cincinnati, so, rust will definitely be an issue. I guess that since you didn't have a muffler in the first place, you wouldn't know if there were any gains or not. I may look into it still.
          1990 325is

Comment

i put a used one on my car i had it laying around off an old car and it sounded pretty good considering there was about 80000 pin holes in the exhaust, it was only a temporary soultion but it had a nice smooth sound too it, it was off of a 89 Mazda MX-6 Turbo, single 2inch in and dual 2 inch out i think looked pretty sharp and was hella smaller than the stock one that was on there.

Comment

It sounds like they have a knack for wearing out quickly. it still may be worth it over stock. Did you notice any gains BahnE30?
              1990 325is

Comment

E30 exhaust's flow fairly well from the factory, so chances are your not going to notice any gains, just noise.

Comment

Working...
                X