My First e30 Project-- 88 325i Vert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My First e30 Project-- 88 325i Vert

So after a while of wanting one, I finally did it. I bought myself an e30 which had enough stuff wrong with it to keep me busy, but nothing, hopefully, that will make me crazy and cost me loads of money. The paint is chipping, the interior is shot, the motor is ok, the roof had a bunch of tape over it and the car has more door dings then I have ever seen. All stuff I can correct on a low budget. So here is my step by step build. Ill update it frequently when I get more things done. I have a few things en route so it should be fun. Plans for the car are: motor servicing (she runs great so far but ill do a full service and tune up), get door dings out, lower (after the winter), new wheels and finally vinyl in matte grey. Please offer any advice you'd like, I am very new to the e30's since I have an e92 that I will show below. Thanks for looking!

Page 1- Step one- Interior

I figured because its the part of the car I need to interact with the most, it would be a good place to start. I never liked Tan interiors so that had to go. I used Dupli-color Vinyl and Fabric and painted the carpet, doors, rear panels, and the part that goes up and down for the convertible top. The interior was pretty grimy so I rented one of those super expensive carpet cleaners and went to work. The Dupli-color paint is amazing for this application. The doors dont feel like they were painted at all, still soft-ish (for vinyl) and look new. Carpet is a little bit different, not so soft to the touch, but its good enough.

I also ordered new leathers from Kevin from creative options. Psyched to get those in and have the interior complete. SO here are before and afters.

Before:

AFTER

Carpets- I started running low on paint so I sprayed where the carpets would be seen. I will go over the parts like under the seat later in the future.

My e92

Last edited by AlexMac; 12-06-2011, 09:58 AM.

Er, just realized its in the wrong section... Sorry guys.. double post

Comment

Wow. Amazing work on those door cards. Couldn't even tell they used to be tan.

Comment

So you sprayed your door cards and convertible top lid thing black? What'd you use? I'd love do do this, looks like a little money and a lot of work. And i'm missing the exact same plastic piece on my top lid..weird. How many cans did you use?

Edit: nevermind, i learned how to read.
        The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
        Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
        2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
        2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Working...
        X