New CSB - Vibrations all gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New CSB - Vibrations all gone

FINALLY!!!! I changed my CSB (Center Support Bearing) yesterday for the 2nd time in 6 weeks and my driveline vibrations are all gone. There's not a hint of a shake even in first gear.

About 6 weeks ago I changed my CSB and Guibo but did not line up the driveshaft correctly (didn't even notice the marks that were already there). So I still had a shake in first gear that I thought I could live with. Within 6 weeks the CSB could not take any more and finally broke. This was a BRAND NEW CSB.

I was able to get a new one pretty quickly through a parts guy I know at a local Toyota dealership. BMW wanted $127 Cdn for it and his cost was only $31 Cdn. He gave it to me at cost.... You other Canucks need to befriend someone at a dealership, the BMW dealer will NOT give the parts to you at cost. The other dealerships can order this stuff too.. what a deal.

Anyhow, if you plan to change your CSB, make sure you mark your driveshaft and put it back together as exactly as you can. Also remember to pre-load it by moving it 5 mm forward before you tighten the 2 x 13 mm bolts.

Now onto the next project, the rear sway bar, water pump, timing belt, oil pan gasket, valve adjustment.... it's going to be a busy summer.

Cheers.
    BimmerheadBri
    '86 325 (eta)
Working...
X