1984 BMW 325e automatic turbo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1984 BMW 325e automatic turbo?

I was thinking about getting a eBay turbo kit for my BMW, but the question is , can I turbo my automatic BMW? The price for the kit is reasonable
    Last edited by Ronnie's1984_325e; 08-19-2016, 06:56 AM.

Jesus

Don't get anything ebay
    Hank Ahrens
    1984 Alpine Coupe
    1978 911sc

Comment

Originally posted by ahrensNW View Post
      Jesus

Don't get anything ebay
      Ok let's say I don't get a eBay kit , is it still possible to turbo a automatic?

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnie's1984_325e View Post
        Ok let's say I don't get a eBay kit , is it still possible to turbo a automatic?
        yes

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
        Ig:ryno_pzk
        I like the tuna here.
        Originally posted by lambo
        Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

please post pics and vids.

Oh and ebay has good stuff. Just ask the guy who's son almost died in a slow speed accident after installing new tie rod ends. :devil:
          If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

You're better off going to the junkyard than using ebay parts. We have the 2nd largest pick'n'pull in the U.S. here in Albuquerque, take advantage of it. There is a list of turbo cars in the turbo section that can help you hunt down the correct turbo for your needs. I would also suggest joining NMBMW on Facebook. I thought that there was no BMW scene here in ABQ, turns out there is one but they only talk and plan meets through Facebook.

Check out Kamotors build thread. He has a nice turbo set up and I believe his car is a Auto.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnie's1984_325e View Post
              I was thinking about getting a eBay turbo kit for my BMW, but the question is , can I turbo my automatic BMW? The price for the kit is reasonable

I want to chime in a personally say that I think a boosted auto is a terrible idea. Boost without control is scary.. I've seen it.
              20% Accurate

Morty: Well Summer maybe people that create things aren’t concerned with your delicate sensibilities you know? Maybe the species that communicate with each other through a filter of your comfort are less evolved that the ones that just communicate? Maybe your problems are your own to deal with and maybe the public giving a shit about your feelings is a one way ticket to extinction.

Comment

Jesus, this thread was doomed from the start.
                My Garage
                2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Originally posted by HerbE30 View Post
                  I want to chime in a personally say that I think a boosted auto is a terrible idea. Boost without control is scary.. I've seen it.
                  In for the video of said loss of control... or the engine/tranny/both being exploded.

Estoguy
                  1986 BMW 325, Alpenweiss ~ "Elsa"

Need a photographer, come visit my site: http://estoguy.wix.com/unique-perspectives

Comment

Sure you can. I have heard of quite a few turbo automatic E30's back in the day but I think we can all agree that it would be much better to turbo a manual trans car. That way besides the obvious reasons, you can also upgrade the clutch.
                    "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                    88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                    91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Didn't Kameron have an automatic with a turbo ?
                      FS: Plug n Play Second Trunk Light !
                      My Parts for Sale Thread~

x 1984 325e 2.7i ~ CastroMotorsport Built x Daily Driven

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                        Sure you can. I have heard of quite a few turbo automatic E30's back in the day but I think we can all agree that it would be much better to turbo a manual trans car. That way besides the obvious reasons, you can also upgrade the clutch.
                        I'm pretty sure I had seen a torque converter upgrade for an E30 when I burned my auto on my old vert. Of course, I went the correct route and swapped. I don't think I would try to turbo an auto, though...
                        88 325i Cabrio
                        04 Neon SRT-4

Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                        If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

Originally posted by HerbE30 View Post
                          Automatic literally does not change boost levels or how the car behaves.
                          Kam and I both had auto turbos before swapping.
                          Both transmissions broke in different ways.

Comment

If the trans is in good shape, run low boost around 5psi and drive like grandma, yes it will last. But we all know that's not going to happen so 5 speed swap for sure.
                            Need a Turbo manifold? We have them in stock- Click here---> http://rapidspoolindustries.com/

Comment

Working...
                            X