Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone actually run rogue twin ear diff cover?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone actually run rogue twin ear diff cover?

From all the stuff I've read, it seemed to me like the rogue twin ear diff cover was supposed to essentially be a bolt in swap with the e30 cover, minus having to change the impulse wheel in the diff to an e36 impulse wheel.

Anyways, I finally got a chance to compare a rogue cover to the stock e30 cover. The rogue cover is actually quite a bit longer than the stock cover, as in the measurement from where the diff connects to the driveshaft to the actual cover ears is about an inch or 2 longer. This means that an e30 diff with a rogue cover would not be able to connect to the stock ear mounting bracket, which comes down off a rail which runs along the bottom of the trunk. You would have to find a new way to mount the ears (which you'd have to do for the ear on the passenger side anyways considering the stock cover only has 1 ear), and I don't know exactly how that would be done considering you definitely don't want to to have your diff ear mounting brackets connected to that flimsy ass trunk floor.

So my question is.... has anyone done this? And how exactly did you do it?

nope. And from your description,
    it sounds like you are describing an e36 diff cover.

t
    now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Working...
    X