Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

That kid who crashed his E30. Repair Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That kid who crashed his E30. Repair Thread!

As requested I am making this thread to document the repair process on my 91' 318i. I will try and link the original crash thread at the bottom when I get acess to my computer.

3/20
    Got my car back from my dads friend who was doing body work to it. He did such a great job. I did find out one thing from him though. My car that has been "Garage stored (according to past owner) " it's whole life and apparently had nice condition "original paint" has actually been repainted at some point.

The paint is matched great and once I get a bumper and valance the car should be back to looking great again. Still unsure on the electrical problem I'm seriously hoping that plugging all the missing lights back in will fix them. If not I have a whole new mess on my hands.

A HUGE thank you to "staszek" for the free mirrors. I really appreciate it!

Oh and here is what I have been driving the whole time my e30 has been crashed.
    (Sorry for night picture)

It's a 5 speed manual and holy crap is it fun to drive. It makes me actually want a mini really bad. It is so so so fun to drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk op
    Last edited by J Mid; 03-20-2017, 08:43 PM.

Did you damage my old wheels? Just curious.

Glad you're fixing her. Will be interested to see what comes of this.
    Originally posted by flyboyx
    how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
    Originally posted by Northern
    beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
    Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
    Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
    '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
    Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

Originally posted by HennaE30 View Post
      Did you damage my old wheels? Just curious.

Glad you're fixing her. Will be interested to see what comes of this.

No I can't run the Kopis in the winter they shit they put on the roads here (for snow) would eat them alive. They are just fine other than 2 center caps falling off which really pissed me off considering that they are $60 a piece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by J Mid View Post
        No I can't run the Kopis in the winter they shit they put on the roads here (for snow) would eat them alive. They are just fine other than 2 center caps falling off which really pissed me off considering that they are $60 a piece.

Ah yes, I remember you telling me that. The caps have little slots on one of the teeth, just line that up with the slot in the wheel, and tap it on, you have to be kind of aggressive with it, but it'll go on and stay on then.
        Originally posted by flyboyx
        how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
        Originally posted by Northern
        beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
        Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
        Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
        '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
        Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

Bumper is all painted and ready to go, just wanting on a few parts from ECS and the car will back to 100%.

Replaced fuses and messed with a few wires and the whole electrical system is fine. Everything works again.

Comment

Looking good, glad the mirrors worked out. Cant wait to see it back together again.
            Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Everything works again. I have a 5k offer on the table for the car. Not sure what I will do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by J Mid View Post

Everything works again. I have a 5k offer on the table for the car. Not sure what I will do with it.

Keep it! You just fixed it!

Comment

Working...
                X