Stock Pistons will go how far?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock Pistons will go how far?

I know, people are tired of seeing this. But what I want to know is, what have the stock pistons held up to? I know tuning is alot as far as the reliability of parts.

I have 135mm Eagle rods, but I'm wondering how far the stock pistons will take me?

Also, is there another option for drop in that's more reliable (aside from the obvious forged piston world)? Thanks in advance guys!

I've heard they can hold upwards of 400 and maybe more but like you said tuning is everything, the forging mostly helps them survive slight detonation better then the cast pistons from what I understand.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

I've heard 400hp as well, but I'm shooting for mroe than that eventually, and would like to get it done in one tear down if possible. Any other stock pistons that will drop in and work better?

Comment

not without machine work that I know of, best bet is custom pistons.
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Ring, forced-induction specific forged pistons will have a specific ring package. Typically a thicker top ring with the following rings spread out a bit taller.
          ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Working...
          X