Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which stock BMW flywheel is light + available for E30 325i?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which stock BMW flywheel is light + available for E30 325i?

I've heard about a 13-14 lbs stock BMW flywheel, maybe on a Euro 323i (E30 or E21??). Not interested in a $300 flywheel, looking for a budget option that works.

I'm sort of in the market for one, and a friend is definitely in the market for one since he toasted his clutch at a driver's school last weekend- he wants to go with a lightened flywheel and his new clutch.

Thanks for any input.

Bret.

Stock single mass 325i flywheel + machine shop + ~$90 = 11-12lb flywheel.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
    https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

will this throw the balance of it off? someone told me that you cant put an aftermarket lightweight one in the E30 325i because it will throw the balance off?

Comment

Originally posted by ptownTSI
        will this throw the balance of it off? someone told me that you cant put an aftermarket lightweight one in the E30 325i because it will throw the balance off?
        someone told you wrong
        91 m3

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan
          Jordan nailed it. My 325eS also has a single mass flywheel, I'm planning to have it lightened soon.

Comment

whats the production date of your car, i'm trying to figure out if mine is dual mass or not.

Comment

How do you get it lightened?

Pardon my ignorance, but how does it get "lightened"? Will that affect the strength and integrity of the flywheel?

Thanks.

Brian
              BimmerheadBri
              '86 325 (eta)

Comment

They are lightened by shaving off excess material. They have enough that you can shave off considerable weight without affecting it negatively.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Working...
                X