bolts/nuts that from driveshaft to diff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bolts/nuts that from driveshaft to diff

do you disconnect the drive axles to open these? I thought my e-brake would give enough resistance to torque loose the nuts but the shaft still moves a little when I apply a lot of force, and the nut doesnt loosen, I've applied a lot of PB blaster and still no luck

and oh yea, the tranmission doesnt affect it because i've already disconnected the shasft from the tranmission, and the guibo is torn to shit so i cant just put the bolt back in

Comment

I was able to get mine off with a strap wrench on the driveshaft.

Comment

I just pulled the e-brake up a lot to give lots of resistance, one nut opened but this one nut will not open

Comment

I opened 3 nuts except the same one nut that just wont open, i've hammered it, kicked it, pressed my leg against it really hard, it just wont open

pb blast, torch loops over and over and still not luck

what am i supposed to do now, saw it off?

Comment

Please help, anyone else? Im thinking about sawwing it off with a powersaw but the bolts look welded into the DS

Comment

made somone sat in the car and hold the brakes whhiles i breake loose the bolts. it worked lke a charm on,diff,Axle and driveshaft.

www.stancefactory.com

Comment

the shaft moving isnt a problem anymore, i pulled the ebrake up really hard and opened 3 of the nuts like that, just this one nut...

Comment

Cut it off, get a new one.

Comment

don't saw it off, use a nut splitter.

Comment

picked up a nut splitter from sears, un-fucking-believable, the nut splitter keeps slipping off the fucking nut...

Comment

this is a joke, home depot and pep boys didnt have a nut splitter, the one from sears(craftsman) is junk, the bolt that goes onto the nut keeps sliding off

Comment

finally, took the fucking nut off, the splitter must have weakened the nut enough and it finally loosened up with a wrench

Comment

Working...
                          X