No announcement yet.

What serpentine belt for deleted ps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not realy, I used the pic in the post and still.... HELP...

Comment

i measured the belt and its roughly 55 inches and it has the extra alternator pulley...

Comment

??????? anyone?

Comment

Gonna have to put PS pully back just so i can get the car running with the oem belt. Went like 5 times to autoparts to change the belt cause suggested belts would not work.

Comment

Originally posted by jizo View Post
            Gonna have to put PS pully back just so i can get the car running with the oem belt. Went like 5 times to autoparts to change the belt cause suggested belts would not work.
            Post a picture of how you routed your belt and maybe we can help you out. Or tell us how you routed the belt.

Comment

Finally!!!! I had to go back and change the belt again!! Went with a 54inch belt. I realized that the tensioner only moves about .5 inches so we had to add that to the equation. Was F'in tight to get on but we did it! Removed the aux pully and routed the belt, belt had some slack, so we added the aux pully again but this time with the belt on. Then it was GOOD! Twisted the belt to check that it was not TOOOO tight, I was perfect!
              Every one states that 56.1 is the belt to go with but it did not for me. (Strange)
              I tried every size from 56.1-54.0 so you can imagen how many trips i made LOL!

Comment

Just did mine today. I've got a M50 Vanos. The belt size I ended using was 55.7 inches.
                1972 2002Tii

Comment

Originally posted by matt View Post
                  Is that an 850 alternator?
                  whaa whhaaaaa whaaaat?

where's your idler?
                  Function.
                  Form.
                  sigpic

Comment

How are the 24v swaps without PS? Thinking about deleting.

Comment

Originally posted by 5mall5nail5 View Post

I asked/wondered my self....SEARCH a bit......... as there is tonsa info here......!
                      I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mall5nail5 View Post
                        It takes a while to get used to it but I'ts ok. I like it on highway but if you have to parallel park......it SUCKS!! In a nut shell......iI would add it back if it was not too much of a hassle.LOL

Comment

Originally posted by jizo View Post
                          Every one states that 56.1 is the belt to go with but it did not for me. (Strange)
                          Thats cause you have an aux pully, NOT like the tensioner in the pic. That tensioner pivots and as result requires a bit more length :giggle:
                          IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Originally posted by JdmEuroNorth View Post
                            whaa whhaaaaa whaaaat?

where's your idler?
                            Why would I use an idler? And it's an e34 alternator, not 850

I just did another s52 swap with the same belt, 6pk1400 and it worked great, just like the other pic I posted

Comment

Hey guys,

I ordered the 6pk1400 and it fits two ways.
                              It fits with the idler pulley like this, but I'm not sure if this is acceptable because the ribs are on the smooth surface of the idler pulley

or how lifeiskaos did it

What would be better?
                              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD
                              1998 BMW Estoril Blue e36 M3/4/5 SOLD
                              1987 BMW 325 (The Piece) SOLD
                              1991 BMW 318is S52 swap (The Beast) Now Driving Project Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=234207

Comment

I routed the belt to the other side of the alternator idler. But that's just me.

Comment

Working...
                                X