What serpentine belt for deleted ps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Danny View Post
    I routed the belt to the other side of the alternator idler. But that's just me.
    6pk1400?
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD
    1998 BMW Estoril Blue e36 M3/4/5 SOLD
    1987 BMW 325 (The Piece) SOLD
    1991 BMW 318is S52 swap (The Beast) Now Driving Project Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=234207

Comment

hear is a picture of the m52b28 tensioner. I marked the indecators blue and red. when the belt is installed, blue needs to be in the middle of the two reds. no matter what routing you choose, these indicators need to be aligned properly.
      :borg:

Comment

Originally posted by !kid View Post
        hear is a picture of the m52b28 tensioner. I marked the indecators blue and red. when the belt is installed, blue needs to be in the middle of the two reds. no matter what routing you choose, these indicators need to be aligned properly.
        Interesting I didn't know this even existed. Where are these markings exactly? On the hydraulic tensioner?
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD
        1991 BMW 318is S52 swap (The Beast) Now Driving Project Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=234207

Comment

Originally posted by cjdontthink View Post
          Interesting I didn't know this even existed. Where are these markings exactly? On the hydraulic tensioner?
          They are on the mechanical tensioner. I can take another picure if it installed on the engine if you like?

Comment

They are on the mechanical tensioner. I can take another picure if it installed on the engine if you like?
            That would be of benefit.
            1989 M3
            2008 135i 6sp

Comment

I painted the marks as I did in the other picture. You can see its right where it needs to be.

Hear I am using the screw driver, pointing in the direction of indicators.

An overview of belt layout.

Comment

The same as !Kid for me, 6pk1390 if i remember

Comment

I used 6pk1400, payed 21.54$ at my local O'reilly auto parts.
                  because Pictures speak louder than words.

My experiance with serpentine belts at work, you could install a new belt and the indicator could be in the middle, after the engine is run for a few secounds the indicator could be at or past the "loose" mark. in that case a shorter belt will be needed. my M52 in still sitting on the stand in my garage. I hope to have swapped in the next few weeks ill report back my findings when the engine is running.

Comment

I could easily be wrong, but I felt like the PK1400 belt was just a little "loose". I admit I have not run it yet, so it may be fine. It just seems like it has a lot less tension on it than it used to. I have a PK1370 on it now, and it is a pretty tight fit, so it seems that the PK 1390 may be ideal, like someone posted just above. To be clear, this is with the power steering pump and idler removed.
                    I guess I'm a litttle concerned with the PK 1400 for use on track, with high RPM , and little room for possible stretch over time?
                    Anybody tracked with that setup yet?
                    Thanks,

Ken

Comment

I painted the marks as I did in the other picture. You can see its right where it needs to be.

Hear I am using the screw driver, pointing in the direction of indicators.

An overview of belt layout.
                      That tensioner is non existent on my s52.
                      I was able to fit My idler on

1989 BMW 325i SOLD

Comment

Just to try to be extra clear to anyone else ordering belts, my tensioner is not like the one posted above. Mine looks like the little shock absorber. Don't know if that would make a difference, but maybe. So, for a setup like mine-no p.s. pump, deleted idler, and hydraulic-looking tensioner, I'd suggest 6PK1370 or 1390.

Ken

Comment

Originally posted by drken View Post
                          Just to try to be extra clear to anyone else ordering belts, my tensioner is not like the one posted above. Mine looks like the little shock absorber. Don't know if that would make a difference, but maybe. So, for a setup like mine-no p.s. pump, deleted idler, and hydraulic-looking tensioner, I'd suggest 6PK1370 or 1390.

Ken
                          Yeah my tensioner is hydraulic

1989 BMW 325i SOLD

Comment

an Image I found from google,s52

so you guys are still using #3 pulley?

Comment

an Image I found from google,s52

so you guys are still using #3 pulley?
                              No, A/C and power steering delete

1989 BMW 325i SOLD

Comment

In any case, pulley 3 is for the A/C belt which is separate from the serpentine belt. If you have A/C you need to use it to have a way of tensioning that belt, of you don't you just don't run that belt.

The only "option" is not running pulley 1 which is not a tensioner but gives the belt more grip on both the water pump and the alternator. I would definitely run it.

Comment

Working...
                                X