• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last picture of the hood looks sick! Nice job man
    sigpic
    Strategic Alpine Command

Comment

Thanks ^

Update below, did not really seriously prep bottom of the bumper because it will get messed up anyways, both grill/bumpers are coated in primer + flat black enamel + plastic dip on top for extra durability plus PD is a better color match to vinyl.

I will wrap top corner of bumper in vinyl but leave everything under with just plastic dip.

Will not paint/touch bumper/door covers as I don't feel confortably redoing them every time somebody bumps into me.

Founder @ Maintenr. Take control of your vehicle maintenance.

Comment

cant wait to see it when its finished

BUILD-http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=242728

Comment

Originally posted by ZM Blue Devil View Post
          after the first pic I knew you werent married...

good work coming out nice, I have a bunch of spare parts for e34, if you need anything let us know, we dont get much use for them.
          +1

I get a hard time even when I keep parts in the workshop where they belong.

Comment

Comment

By the way I decided not to paint bumper trim and door trim because i figured if somebody scrapes me it will look much worse (even if i wrap those pieces it will probably rip vinyl off)

Opinions? Before it's not too late

Comment

Originally posted by Aleksey View Post
                By the way I decided not to paint bumper trim and door trim because i figured if somebody scrapes me it will look much worse (even if i wrap those pieces it will probably rip vinyl off)

Opinions? Before it's not too late
                Looking very good so far. Just the inspiration I need before embarking on my own exterior beautification project.

I agree with your thoughts about the trim. I had a buddy SEM his side moldings, and they looked great until some nanny caught him with her SUV door at the stop-n-shop.

There's an old post here I read called 'Zen and E30 maintenance' or something to that effect... He wiped them down with acetone in preparation to paint and found the acetone brought them back to a nice uniform basic color, so he left them as is... Just a thought. Nice work!

EDIT.... It was Simon S, and apparently he sanded the trim with 600 grit and then used acetone to pretty stellar results. It's a long picture intense post, but the information I speak of isn't "too" deep in (bout a quarter way down pg1). lol Great read.

Last edited by KVF; 05-01-2011, 05:53 PM. Reason: link added

Comment

Originally posted by KVF View Post
                  Looking very good so far. Just the inspiration I need before embarking on my own exterior beautification project.

I agree with your thoughts about the trim. I had a buddy SEM his side moldings, and they looked great until some nanny caught him with her SUV door at the stop-n-shop.

There's an old post here I read called 'Zen and E30 maintenance' or something to that effect... He wiped them down with acetone in preparation to paint and found the acetone brought them back to a nice uniform basic color, so he left them as is... Just a thought. Nice work!

EDIT.... It was Simon S, and apparently he sanded the trim with 600 grit and then used acetone to pretty stellar results. It's a long post, but the information I speak of isn't "too" deep in. lol

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...hlight=zen+art
                  Thanks a lot, coincidence or not but I picked up a bottle of Acetone today!

Comment

Side marker delete

Comment

Mtech-2 content

Comment

Spend all day today to install new trunk and doors... snapped just few minutes ago after 10 HOURS of work!

(pardon friends finger)

Comment

Looking great!

Comment

Pardon door alignment.

Better shots.

To those who know these cars, yes I bought the wrong bottom door trim (non-m tech) and meh... not going to shell out another $150~ for now for a right one.

Also I will have to make new holes or weld new metal for rail where side skirt and fender (front) clips, over years everything is completely rusted there and after fixing the rust it's pretty much a Frankenstein rail.

Comment

Looking very nice!! Just curious if you purchased new trim all around, or did you try the acetone &/or paint?

Comment

I sanded it down and acetoned it, the passenger front door trim is off because I forgot to wipe it with Mothers LVP treatment. Plus wrap is sharper looking then the trim so it looks a bit off.

Comment

Working...
                                X