Another group buy time, Adjustable sway bar links

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another group buy time, Adjustable sway bar links

Ok time for another group buy on my custom made adjustable sway bar links. For those not familiar, these allow for adjustment of the stock or after market sway bars to make the bar effectively stiffer or softer. Most after market sway bars accomplish this with drilling different mounting holes in the bar, but these holes may not be best setting for your particular car. By installing an adjustable length link almost any adjustment point can be achieved. Most but not all after market sway bars come with adjustable links, but some of these links are pure crap and start clicking or rusting shortly after installing. I just recently remade a pair of links for a friend who purchased a used ireland engineering sway bar set, and the links that came with it were rusted solid. I've had a pair of links on my car for over a year, and they are as smooth moving as the day they were installed. I can make links for most any application, from e30 to e46. I've sold links for the following chassis so far, e30, e28, e24, e23, e36, e34, and the e46. In both stock or after market variants. Ok now onto the details, since this is an e30 board i'll post just the details for the e30 variant links, but if you desire links for another chassis just send me a message.

Up front there are 2 different styles
    The first is for non M e30's using the stock sway bar mount on the control arm, these links work for both stock and after market sway bars.

The second style is for m3 style links that mount to the strut housing, I have these on my car with and it stays completely flat even with a 21mm cabby front bar, these links are available in 2 different lengths one for stock ride height cars, and another longer link for lowered cars.

For the rear there are also 2 different variants(these require minor modification to install, you have to drill the bracket on the trailing arm out to 3/8")
    The first is for a stock rear sway bar and slips over the end of the sway bar like the stock link

Second ones are for after market rear sway bars, like koni's, racing dynamics etc...

Now for pricing

Front links are $55 shipped for either style
    Rear links are $45 shipped for either style

For a pair is $90 shipped

Now if you wish to retain a quite and not so harsh ride I offer nylon lined rod ends that will cut down on noise and vibrations from being transmitted to the chassis, these are $5 extra for either end.

This group buy will run untill January 26th, and all payments need to be made by paypal unless some other arrangement is made. My paypal address is hpiman@email.com

If you interested just post your name and what links you are wanting, if you have any questions feel free to ask
    Last edited by rs4pro3; 01-25-2007, 07:51 AM.
    85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

You know where I stand ;)
    Gunni
    @ Prodrive / Aston Martin Racing

Comment

yep yours are stitting in a box with those m30 parts ready to go out whenever.

Comment

I'd like a set for my ix. I have a set that I got from somebody else, but they are still too short to correct the swaybar geometry.
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I can do that, what length do you need? I can do them in 1" increments from 5" up to 12" or so. I have over 12" ones on my lowered e30 and the bar is nice and flat with the ground.

Comment

I will have to measure my links when I get the chance.. my car isn't at my house right now though. it'll probably be later in the week before I can get to it.
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

no problem, the ix uses strut mounted links correct?

Comment

Adjustable endlinks don't stiffen or soften a sway bar. Only the location of the hole on the bar can change the stiffness.

Adjustable endlinks are great for corner balancing the car as you can remove any preload on the suspension which may be put in from the corner balance. Changing the length of the endlink has no bearing on the effective rate of the sway bar.
                Mike

www.purems.com |Temecula, CA | 866-397-5487

Comment

changing the length alters the angle which has the same effect as moving a link from one hole to another.
                  But yes you can eliminate any preload easily with these

Comment

God damn it, I really shouldn't be spending money, but I've wanted some of these since the last time you put them up for sale. Going to bite the bullet.

I need a set for my 85 325e with the following:
                    Lowered with IE stage III springs
                    Front cabby swaybar with weld on m3 endlink tabs on the strut housing
                    Rear M3 swaybar

Do you make ones for the rear with the bigger m3 bar to slide on?

If we get both front and rear, can you throw in the nylon doohickeys for free as a combo price for a cool benjamin?

Comment

Originally posted by rs4pro3 View Post
                      yep yours are stitting in a box with those m30 parts ready to go out whenever.
                      Awesome
                      Thanks
                      Gunni
                      @ Prodrive / Aston Martin Racing

Comment

Originally posted by browntown View Post
                        God damn it, I really shouldn't be spending money, but I've wanted some of these since the last time you put them up for sale. Going to bite the bullet.

I need a set for my 85 325e with the following:
                        Lowered with IE stage III springs
                        Front cabby swaybar with weld on m3 endlink tabs on the strut housing
                        Rear M3 swaybar

Do you make ones for the rear with the bigger m3 bar to slide on?

If we get both front and rear, can you throw in the nylon doohickeys for free as a combo price for a cool benjamin?
                        Yes the rear stock ones work on any stock e30 bar, they all use the same size end section where the link goes.
                        Sorry i forget to post the combo price which is $90 shipped unfortently it will still be $5 extra per end for the nylon links. So $100 shipped for the nylon ones, they are a good bit extra from my supplier so that's the reason for the price.

Comment

I'll take a set for a stock sway bar non-m lowered e30

How much shipped to canada?

What are these nylon ones you speak of?

Are the solid ones really that noisey to warrant getting the nylon ones?
                          I didn't think the solid ones would have much effect on noise.
                          Last edited by T.Dot E30; 01-10-2007, 08:34 AM.

Comment

$110 shipped
                            The Nylon ones have a nylon bearing race, versus metal on metal. They can cut down on noise and vibrations. As with having a solid metal on metal joint will transmit more noise. This is directly from the manufacuter "The nylon race resists vibration, exhibits low hydroscopic properties and helps dampen structural vibration and noise"

Comment

Thanks for the reponse.

Do they wear out faster, are they replacable, or would that require a new set?
                              I understand the nylon would reduce vibrations and dampen noise.....but is there much need for them on a swaybar end-link? Have you been able to notive a difference going from the stock to solid in terms of noise and vibrations?

Comment

Working...
                              X