Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e30 Blower Motor Options?

I've looked and looked.

I've been able to learn that the Z3 blower motor is compatible with the e30. The e36 blower motor is super close to the e30 and much cheaper with tons of aftermarket options.

I guess my real question is, "are there any other options than buying a used blower motor for way more money than they are worth?"

I can't wrap my head around the limited options for the e30's blower motor, especially since it seems almost every single blower motor in ever e30 ever made is broken, been replaced, squeals like a pig or resembles a blender.

Anybody had the chance to try out possible different options? anything out there?

Turner sells the z3/e30 one new, for a fair price. I'd just get that and call it a day.
    Originally posted by wholepailofwater
    Q
    :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

agreed.

Dunno why there's all these stupid posts about fan motors being NLA etc.
      If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

You can just buy the motor new from autozone, and swap the rabbit wheels. Search on here there is a thread with a pn somewhere. Less than $100.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
          agreed.

Dunno why there's all these stupid posts about fan motors being NLA etc.
          Probably because it's a common issue? Maybe some deductive reasoning will help you achieve an answer to your dumb rhetorical question.

I looked at Turner. They are out of stock with no sight of receiving any, any time soon.

Originally posted by e30 gangsta View Post
          You can just buy the motor new from autozone, and swap the rabbit wheels. Search on here there is a thread with a pn somewhere. Less than $100.
          The wheels to mine are completely ruined. That's actually why I'm looking for a new one.

Thanks for the help guys! Appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
            Probably because it's a common issue? Maybe some deductive reasoning will help you achieve an answer to your dumb rhetorical question.

I looked at Turner. They are out of stock with no sight of receiving any, any time soon.

The wheels to mine are completely ruined. That's actually why I'm looking for a new one.

Thanks for the help guys! Appreciate it.
            Well, if it's a common issue perhaps it's been covered before? Maybe even on the first page of this section?

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=399586

In any case, when you buy one let us know where you found it.

Comment

Are you looking for one that will work with aluminum heater core? Part Number 64 11 1 370 930

I'm seeing if I can track any down.

Comment

Originally posted by e30 gangsta View Post
                man, it's such a fucking pain in the ass to get to the E30 blower motor and swap it out - screw that. Just buy the one that fits, spend the day it takes to swap it, and be done with it.
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I wish the non- A/C one didn't cost 3x the a/c version...

...because I am cheeeep!

t
                  now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

True - my E30 hasn't had A/C for 10 years.
                    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

New 5"/for aluminum core.

Originally posted by Sonny
                      I am a meme for our community.

Comment

Turner has the blower for an aluminum core.
                        https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-1...-motor-e30-z3/

Worldpac has 100 new ACM blowers.

They're out there......
                        Originally posted by wholepailofwater
                        Q
                        :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

worlpac

How do you buy from WorldPac without being a independent distributor?

Comment

Price each: $607.49
                            I have yet to pay this much... for a whole car...

t
                            now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Hate to thread jack from earlier this year. (better than creating a thread).

There are too many blowers to choose from. I am looking at this unit

As according to RealOEM. They have multiple units.

This set-up has the same housing and shackle that I have.
                              What are the differences? One for AC and non-AC?
                              Inlet style too.
                              20% Accurate

Morty: Well Summer maybe people that create things aren’t concerned with your delicate sensibilities you know? Maybe the species that communicate with each other through a filter of your comfort are less evolved that the ones that just communicate? Maybe your problems are your own to deal with and maybe the public giving a shit about your feelings is a one way ticket to extinction.

Comment

Working...
                              X