Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is Polly, the m30b35 swapped Ratrod.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
    Probably cause your b35 and I'm b34 and probably in different engine postitions.
    Could be, I put the engine and transmission together with the shaft bolted up, then I suspended my engine with a cross brace and made the mounts where it sat :D
    ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
    ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
    ~ '87 535
    ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
    ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Originally posted by F34R View Post
      I left the roof rack on for all the ass I was hauling.

260/6 with the rare SETA(complete front/rear) We should meet up sometime! I'm not far away.Have you heard of the Beer30 meet coming up on the 5th of this month?

Gotcha.

My co-workers m30 swap shat his 260. He's swapping in a 265 but needs a different driveshaft for it.

I did hear about the meet, but I have a retirement dinner to attend the same night, then have to zoom up to winter park for the Bmw cca auto-X the next morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

SETA driveshaft is identical to 87 eta and e30 M3. it is *the* e30 large-giubo driveshaft.

all driveshaft discussions are pointless without discussing which output flange you have on the 260 - there were three different depths available.
        cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
          SETA driveshaft is identical to 87 eta and e30 M3. it is *the* e30 large-giubo driveshaft.

all driveshaft discussions are pointless without discussing which output flange you have on the 260 - there were three different depths available.
          Ah, good to know

The output flange came off an 89' 535, I uploaded a cropped picture of the flange I used(fresh from the donor car mid-winter).
          Attached Files

Current cars:
          ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
          ~ '87 535
          ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
          ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Your sig decided it wants to be massive, so I decided it was a good time to shitpost here and bug you for updates or random pictures of shit.
            Originally posted by priapism
            My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
            Originally posted by shameson
            Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
              Your sig decided it wants to be massive, so I decided it was a good time to shitpost here and bug you for updates or random pictures of shit.
              I noticed that a few days ago in another thread, I think Flickr changed something? I fixed it that day but is it still causing an issue?

Polly is under a protective cover, on top of a mountain...awaiting a dry road, for her sticky tires to adhere to!
              I did build a sweet tow hitch into the frame rails, I have yet to sort those photos and add them to the thread.

Here is a few photos from this summer/fall after my move to Colorado. I used her for construction jobs I started this year, built that deck with a helper...kinda crazy leaving my Father's company and starting out on my own 1,800 miles from home.

I notched each joist into a 12x6-24' cedar beam then bird mouthed each rafter for the roof line on the patio cover.
              Last edited by F34R; 02-06-2017, 10:31 PM.

Current cars:
              ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
              ~ '87 535
              ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
              ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Thinking about doing any fun events this year? PPIR time attack, Bmw cca auto-X and/or driving schools are all fun and it'd be great if you came out!

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                  Thinking about doing any fun events this year? PPIR time attack, Bmw cca auto-X and/or driving schools are all fun and it'd be great if you came out!

I was planning to try some events out! After the move I had all sorts of issues with the cooling system(elevation change is a bitch).

We should meet up so I can gain some local knowledge on events!

Current cars:
                  ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                  ~ '87 535
                  ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                  ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Still love this thread/car. Something about a car having character and being used instead of being shiny always speaks to me.
                    1991 325i - "Scambles" The Daily Driven lightly modded.
                    1988 Mazda RX-7 TII "Mako" The Free Dorito
                    bacon by Jared Laabs, on Flickr

Comment

I was planning to try some events out! After the move I had all sorts of issues with the cooling system(elevation change is a bitch).

We should meet up so I can gain some local knowledge on events!

Heck yeah man, come out! The first PPIR TA is on the 19th, unfortunately I work until 11am. I'm going to see if I can swap weekends with a co-worker to make that event.

Comment

So cool. This has always been easily one of my favorite builds, nice job

1988 ~ Lacey ~ 325iS

Comment

Cool project!

Thanks <3 I am glad others enjoy my passion and outlet.

Don't worry little Hobbit ;D
                          I give you 245/40/17 and 215/45/17 tucked nicely on the BMW e30 with stock fenders **HEAVILY flared**
                          Can you tell me what wheel width and offset you're using and any spacers? I found this on the first post and wanted to confirm it's still correct?

Wheels/spacers:
                          Artec MI 3pc 17x8/9 4x100 et38(before spacers)

42 Draft Designs custom spacers:
                          25mm front 15mm rear.

So effectively ET13 on the front and ET 23 on the rear?

From a browse through, you're on a standard rear subframe (barring the adjusters and stock front sub and arms all round?

Apart from rolling the arch lip, how much have you had to modify the shape of the arch itself?

Thanks
                          Last edited by alistairolsen; 01-10-2018, 04:38 AM.

Comment

Have you dyno'ed the b35 with MS2?
                            Paynemw
                            1986 Toyota 4Runner SR5 - Sold!
                            the ebb and flow of 325is ownership - In RVA
                            1988 BMW 535is - RIP but my dream BMW

Comment

Do you mind posting more info about your trailer hitch?

I've been thinking about making one out of square tube, replacing the bumper mounts, and hiding it under my stock diving boards.

Comment

Originally posted by paynemw View Post
                                Have you dyno'ed the b35 with MS2?
                                I have not but some changes are in the works this weekend so hoping to have updates by the end of next month(depending on work and finding a new place)

Originally posted by ZodGilla View Post
                                Do you mind posting more info about your trailer hitch?

I've been thinking about making one out of square tube, replacing the bumper mounts, and hiding it under my stock diving boards.
                                I have to upload photos from my desk top at my place, working out of town so maybe I can get to it next week.

It is angle bar stock 1/4'' with square 1/8 tube into the frame rails and seam welded. The hitch is removable via two frame bolts and clamps down on.

Current cars:
                                ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                                ~ '87 535
                                ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                                ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Working...
                                X